Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Going Crazy

Apr 02, 2015 5:48 PM

I need to vent a little. My daughter that just got out of hospital yesterday afternoon
,has decided that she is going to ask her ob to take her baby 3 weeks early. .Because she doesn't want to have to stay in bed on bed rest through those 3 weeks, he told her that she was headed towards Preeclampcia or Toxiemia he didn't have any idea when we just had to watch her closely take her blood pressure 3 times a day aways on her side and if she's been up to wait 30 min before taking it. What does she do when we get home she takes it sitting up. I asked her didn't the Dr say on you side not sitting up her reply was your not supposed to get me upset,I said I'm not trying to get you upset I'm just saying how the Dr said to take your blood pressure. Now she's wanting to go to the grocery store. What doesn't she understand she's on bed rest. I'm going to be crazy before this baby gets here. Other than that I have been in bed all day,y back and shoulders are really hurting and all I have done for most of the day is sleep probably won't sleep any tonight. Hope everyone has had a good day.

Apr 02, 2015 8:07 PM

Weezie, I'm sorry you're stressed about your daughter & grandbaby. She's young and immature, and (sorry to say) acting selfish. She may ask the doc to take it early but that doesn't mean he will. By doing things her way she is risking harm to herself and/or the baby. But technically she's an adult, and she's in control of herself. You have to take care of you first, otherwise you'll not be able to help her or the baby. And when she says you're not to upset her, you should tell her that by ignoring the doc she's upsetting you because she's risking her life and her baby's. I'm praying for you and your family. Let go & let God... ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒผ

Apr 02, 2015 8:54 PM

Thanks Flappsy that's all I can do is leave it in God's hands.

Apr 02, 2015 11:34 PM

My daughter was in Texas at the due date of her son. On one of her last appointments (on the Ft. Hood Army hospital) they took a iron sample and bloodwork... The next thing she knew she was in an ambulance racing to Scott & White Hospital a bit away because they were not capable of handling the pre-eclampsia they discovered. Happy to say she has a beautiful 2 yr healthy son and I missed the birth by n hour because I took a red eye from PDX to Austin and her friend went to the wrong airport to get me. Lol that was okay though they were both out of danger and ready for Grammy. So I hope your daughter listens to you, she needs to understand how easily and quickly things CAN take a bad turn. I'm praying for you and the birth of a beautiful healthy baby ๐Ÿ˜˜

Apr 02, 2015 11:50 PM

Ugh. Sorry hun. This new society of instant gratification drives me nuts. I look at my little ones now and get so worried about their future choices.

Women do not understand that "full - term" which she technically ia, still means that baby has some good growing and such to do. Brain development during this time period is vital! Let's hope she has a good doc who educates her about all these things and/or she just had a fleeting moment of crazy towards the end of pregnancy (Lord knows I did!).

Either way that precious baby is goinf to be just fine and all safe and sound; you'll see ;-)

Get some rest gramma bear!

Apr 03, 2015 8:34 AM

OregonHS, I'm so glad for you & your daughter. My daughter had placenta previa, where the placenta was detached from uterine wall and bleeding. They were afraid shed hemorrhage with natural birth so my granddaughter was delivered by C section. My granddaughter is 9 and has Cutis Marmorata Telangiectatica Congenita on her leg. We don't know if it was due to the placenta issues. Her first 4 years required physical therapy and splints for her leg to help the muscles grow. She's fine now and when other kids point out the veinous map on her leg, she just says, "Its my birthmark."

Apr 03, 2015 10:16 AM

She has been raised with the love and care that makes a strong resilient lovely girl... Those traits are evident in her answers to the questions.

Apr 03, 2015 10:37 AM

Thank you all and thank God your beautiful daughters and grandchildren are healthy happy children today. I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends thru this community. I tried talking to her last night about how dangerous it is and that it could be fatal for her and the baby. Her fiancรฉ told me that if I kept telling everything it was going to make her blood pressure go uo. I told him that's not I wanted for her blood pressure to be high I just wanted her to understand the seriousness of the situation.

Apr 03, 2015 11:04 AM

Oops I didn't mean to leave out you Therapist Unveiled and your beautiful children , I am so grateful for all of your support. Changing the subject hoe is your recovery going? I hope you are doing great.

Apr 03, 2015 11:13 AM

There are angels watching them and many prayers your way Weezie. I've seen my two oldest daughter go through some horribly traumatic deliveries. One who's placenta tore, baby was stuck and my daughter was bleeding out for four hours before a team of docs tag teamed on the forceps, not one of the nurses or cleaning crew had ever seen anything like it. Today her daughter is 7 and happy with damaged eyesight due to the forceps... One doc actually dislocated his shoulder. Her second delivery was C section to avoid the risk and they got above the numb line which proved horrendous and she bled severly afterward. Today that precious boy is 5 and healthy.
My middle daughter ( the one from TX) had a good delivery but immediately afterward she began developing a massive blood clot that was more painful than the labor and birth. They had to do an emergency surgery, reopen the episiotomy and remove it and stop the bleeding. My point isn't to worry Ypu but to say they too had angels watching and today they are wonderful mothers with beautiful children. Blessings your way. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿผ

Apr 03, 2015 11:30 AM

Thank you Oregon thank God they are all well and healthy

Apr 03, 2015 1:52 PM

Keep us posted. I'm thanking the Angels until then

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community