Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Guilt

Nov 22, 2015 9:55 PM

Anyone notice more pain with guilt?

Nov 22, 2015 10:08 PM

I think that would definitely be the case. When I feel guilt, I feel like I am in pain in my chest and arms. It causes me pain where I would have panic reactions. Plus guilt is hard on your muscles and makes you feel weak

Nov 22, 2015 10:12 PM

I feel it more on my normal pain center, as well. So, when I'm trying to take c are of myself and not do something that I know will wear me down, I hurt more anyway. Can't win for losing, huh,?

Nov 23, 2015 7:49 AM

Kathig, I think that any strong, negative emotion can evoke more pain in our bodies. The body mind connection is very real and some can reduce their pain with meditation, soft music and positive thoughts. I have trouble doing that for myself because of anxiety and depression issues and have a difficult time calming my mind. The thing that helps me is coming here and helping my fellow pain family members when they need it. It's given me new purpose in life and if I can make someone smile or ease their mind, then my heart feels lighter and it makes me feel good. You'll find that if you let out what's bothering you and/or get the guilt off your chest. Sending you {{{Hugs}}} and prayers that you can find a way to let your guilt go and know that whatever is happening, things will be ok. 🌻🙏🏻

Nov 24, 2015 9:36 PM

Kathig, I agree with Profiler and AlwayZ, that any negativity can increase pain. The negativity can be internal from guilt, depression, or fear for me. It can also come from external stressors too, from things I do and don't have control over. With these I pick my battles wisely, which to avoid that is.

AlwayZ's advice to unload here is very important. Because we all understand chronic pain, and have been through so many various life situations and medical issues, you'll never be judged here. This is a community of caring, compassionate, friendly people. The more you feel comfortable to let it out, the more you'll be hear that we have all felt guilty, anger, frustration, and many more feelings... We all understand. (((Hugs))) & prayers you can find the support you need. 🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community