Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hand tremors... Constantly??? Anyone???

Dec 27, 2016 8:11 AM

Does anyone one with fibro or cfs have hand tremors that range from severe (not often) to light and constant! Help?!?!? I'm so scared that this could be something more serious and I'm truly terrified!

Dec 27, 2016 8:46 AM

I constantly have hand tremors and when I'm really stressed/anxious they become so bad that it's really noticeable and spread to the whole of my body.
My Dr says it's my anxiety causing the tremors, I'm constantly wound up which means I'm constantly in flight or fight which means I constantly have too much adrenaline in my system which causes the tremors.
Go to your Dr just to make sure it's not serious to put your mind at rest.
Sending you positive vibes and warm healing hugs xx

Dec 27, 2016 9:41 AM

I have had hand tremors for years (and I'm only 24). At the back of my mind I worry about early signs of MS, but my doctor said there's common things that could be causing that (low blood sugar, too much caffeine, side effect of medicines, anxiety). If it's causing you anxiety, tell your doctor. In the meantime, try to pay attention to when you notice it (have you had caffeine? are you anxious? have you eaten?) and maybe check if thats a side effect of any medicine you're on.

You're not alone in your symptoms!

Dec 27, 2016 9:49 AM

Saying many thank yous through lots of tears.... I'm so sorry that you suffer like I do but to know that I'm not alone AND I'm not crazy is such a blessing!!!

Dec 27, 2016 10:36 AM

I have constantly hand tremors. It get worse if I am tired, using my hands, cold, anxious or stressed. It is really annoying and it is a handicap in my every day life.. I dont know why I have it.

I am not concerned about it to be something serious.

You are not alone with this :)

Dec 27, 2016 12:28 PM

I have them too, always have as long as i remember. I do however have nerve damage in my neck on top of the fibro that makes mine worse. I can also add that all this started in my teens and I'm now 47, and this year i was diagnosed with ms. It's gets confusing knowing what is causing which symptoms

Dec 28, 2016 12:23 PM

JulieK, I developed tremors last year or of nowhere. I went through multiple tests, including a spinal tap for MS that was negative. It turns out I have "essential tremors" that are affected by three things; my cervical disc issues, getting nervous or my blood sugar dropping, and if I'm using my hands (holding objects a long time). It is annoying, especially when it's so prominent others notice. But over the past year I've learned to accept it and not stress over it as much. Hugs love & prayers you get answers soon! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Dec 28, 2016 1:00 PM

Hi sweetie... 😚
Please go see ur doctor angel... it may be something that needs looking into 🌹 sooner rather than later. Dont be afraid... we are here to hold u up 🤗🤗🤗

Dec 28, 2016 1:15 PM

I've found that cutting things out like caffeine just bearley reduces my tremors when I'm extremely stressed/tired/hungry and in normal day to day life it has no affect on the tremors but I still try not to have caffeine but sometimes I really want proper coffee and if I'm out and about sometimes having a proper coffee from a coffee shop does the trick in calming me down so I can carry on to get the rest of my errands done....especially if I've been somewhere and they've asked me if "I'd had a good drinking session" the night before. That really upsets me and makes me feel judged even tho I know they're only trying to pass the time of day and don't mean it as it comes out as they're uncomfortable about my shakes but that doesn't stop the feelings and of course makes the tremors worse!!! I try to ignore it but sometimes I can't get past it and kinda say how they shouldn't make judgements about people they don't know....I did report one person recently because they were way out of line when I said it was due to anxiety and they shouldn't make comments like that but they were soo rude back saying that I shouldn't be making excuses for my DT shakes (shakes from drinking alcohol in excess), well it was more Jo, she was with me as she always is when we need shopping, she could see that he had really upset me and I was on the verge of tears that she stopped us from leaving the store (like I wanted so I could curl up in a ball and retreat into myself), as we have to pass customer services on our way out she had already started to tell the customer service person....she likes to go sliding along on the trolley so she's always ahead of me....by the time I got there the customer service person had called over a manager. I hate fuss and just wanted to leave but I knew if I didn't tell them that .1. it shows Jo that it's ok for people to act that way .2. the staff would think she was making it up .3. the till operator would think he can treat everyone that way.
I haven't seen that person on the tills since and the manager couldn't of been more apologetic.

Dec 28, 2016 1:17 PM

Oh my, I'm sorry I've gone on again. I didn't mean to of written soo much

Dec 28, 2016 9:18 PM

I have essential tremors and was prescribed propranlol (sp) 10 mg. It has really helped me.

Check with your neurologist. Best kind of doc for essential tremors. Please understand that this is not as bad as something like Parkinson's disease and can be managed. However, it can be a real nuisance.

Dec 29, 2016 9:09 AM

I have had them for years. Not sure what the cause is as I have had several different doctors suggest things..sometimes it's bad enough I can write or see etc. Usually when I am pushing past my limits and overdoing it to the point where I am hitting that proverbial brick wall.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community