Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hanging on

Jan 07, 2016 9:28 PM

I had my barium swallow this morning and got home at lunch time. I ate a salad for lunch but spaghetti supepr. I'm actually having hunger pains now but won't eat bc it's too late. The problem is I'm so fatigued tonight compared to this morning when I left the house. It's like the longer the day went the heavier a curtain of fatigue has come down over me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still fighting the head/chest cold & congestion, or because we are puppy sitting my daughter's 7-8 wk old Newfoundland mix, or a combo of both. My 2 year old jackapoo is not liking the pup at all and I've had to crate & scold him several times for trying to attack the pup over its own toys. I feel like I was in a 2 ring circus all day, playing referee and entertaining them both separately but at the same time. The one thing I do know is I will never get a puppy, not will we likely ever get our dog a older playmate... Not with his jealousy we had no idea of! I'm just hoping I feel better tomorrow because I'm literally ready to collapse. Sunday seems a long time away!!! 😷🙏🌼

Jan 07, 2016 9:36 PM

Wipe that will take a lot out of you! I am just pulling out of a deep fatigue after the holidays. And am leading on a trip on the am so I'm hoping it doesn't put me back into it.

Jan 07, 2016 9:41 PM

I hope you won't either Tinyt. Have a safe trip! (((Hugs))) & prayers 😷🙏🌼

Jan 07, 2016 9:54 PM

Flappsy I feel for you puppy sitting, hopefully your dog will begin to except your grandpup tomorrow. It seems like the mornings are better for me and as the day goes it seems like I am drained of all my energy too. I thought it was because of me having to take care of miss Bella and by evening I'm exhausted. But I don't know anymore. Love,prayers and hugs.

Jan 07, 2016 10:41 PM

Thank you Flappsy. Hope the pups start getting along better.

Jan 07, 2016 11:49 PM

Get them both in the garden and if there is two humans then one play with pup and the other play with the original house pet. Then when they ignored each other rather than attack starting mixing the game up and nearer each other a little at a time, do this over and over then they will realise there is no threat and no need to be jealous, feed them seperstly at first always older dog first and keep pup away whilst he eats then little pup keeping older dog busy.
Are you sure its not just big bro sorting little bro? Pups learn by getting nipped and whacked with a paw. He has to learn his place basically. But that's if nots not all teeth bearing and no actual bad attack obviously. Crating your older dog could cause resentment and therefore more issues unless regularly crated anyways. If pup and you need a time out crate pup so he's safe and you can relax for a bit. Hope this helps a little I used to work in dog rescue and that's what webusedbto advise. Take care 🌸

Jan 08, 2016 9:06 AM

I am also just now trying to pull out of a horrible round after the holidays. Oddly, I didn't have to do much of anything because my daughter in law and granddaughter wouldn't let me. I'm trying hard to pull out of a full on fibro flare combined with lots of nerve pain and moderate joint pain involved as well. I am struggling to get back into a "normal" routine (what's normal now, ugh!) But it seems that with doing just a trip to town or a small amount of cleaning, I fall back under that "curtain" you mentioned. That's the word I've been looking for to describe how it comes on. I first start to feel it in my eyes, as they become so weak it's impossible to hold them completely open. The pulsing of the nerves in my body sends electric shocks in constant rythym, only to increase intensity. My fingertips burn and the tips of my toes. Head and neck pain are terrible, then the shoulders get worse. Before I know it, I'm completely engulfed with so much pain that involves every inch (internal and external) of my body, that I can't walk, talk or blink.
It's so sad that we can't do a thing that we used to. There isn't a single thing that is normal of what we were used to. One thing is for sure though, we are more aware of stressors that we took for granted before.
I will be praying for you. Hopefully Sunday will come quickly for you and you can recover quickly, dear. Love and hugs.

Jan 08, 2016 11:12 AM

appy, do not be discouraged. It sounds like ,to me, that you just had a normal human experience. You were super busy, had ALOT of things to tend too. This is normal for even the non- chronic pain person. Sometimes, for me, I get so wrapped up, or hyper-viligent; on my pain or my symptoms. That's time and energy consuming as well. I would just encourage you to rest , and take it one day at a time. When I get worried or anxious about myself, I talk to someone, then I pray...Heavenly Father always hears my calls and helps me to feel calmer. You are a busy woman, mother, grandmother, daughter, care taker, and a survivor living with chronic diseases that can drain you! Hang tough momma , you got this!!! I agree about getting a puppy!!! That alone can drain even a healthy person!!! Much much love, Terri

Jan 08, 2016 11:43 AM

Flappsy, with all that you are doing (puppy sitting, doctor appointments, the barium swallow, being sick, the "normal" pain and medical issues) it's no wonder you're exhausted!! Puppies are a handful. Also, the barium swallow is stressful just the prep is a nightmare and that will wipe you out, the back and forth and being out for a long time as well as trying to keep the pups apart and play with them both without them getting into a scuffle. Try to test as much as you can today. I know it's easier said than done.. I have been drifting in and out of sleep but the cough is waking me and my chest is achy from the pneumonia. The antibiotic is making my stomach go wonky but I expected that. (It doesn't make being sick any easier though). Please, hydrate, eat small amounts through the day and try to get some sleep. Sending you gentle {{{Hugs}}} and prayers that your day is better and that you get some rest.💕🙏🏻🌻

Jan 08, 2016 9:36 PM

Cnan, thanks for all the suggestions. I've never had more than one dog at a time, so this is too new for me, and being sick hasn't helped. My dog actually began rough house playing today with the pup. They did so several times and each episode ended with one of them yelping in pain, I'm not sure which though.

Sleepingbeauty, I'm still tired and sick today, but not like yesterday. My child symptoms & cough seem to slowly be improving, at least I hope they are. I hope you will be able to rest this weekend and feel better soon.

Terri, my other daughter came over to meet the pup. She said he's hyper wild and too much aa biter for her. I know a puppy is not for me. I joke my 2 year old rescue! By this time next month the pop-up is going to be 2x a big.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community