Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Headache

Jan 31, 2017 11:35 AM

i have such a really bad headach right now... does anyone know how i can get rid of it i took Alive but it didnt didn't work any suggestions?

Jan 31, 2017 11:43 AM

Well it depends on what is casing it.
When i have a really bad headache i take a muscle relaxant, lay with my upper back and neck on a heating pad and put my tens machine on the back of my neck.
You can also try mint oil. I find the Japanese mint oil works wonderfully. Apply to neck and around hairline, don't get to close to eyes nose or mouth. Or there are essential oil blends that have mint in them and are ment for headaches, like peppermint halo from saje.
Hope you find something that helps

Jan 31, 2017 11:56 AM

Where is your headache? On your forehead around eyes? That could be your sinuses. In your temples? That could be tension. Back of head? Could be muscular. It depends on what's causing headache to know what to take.

Jan 31, 2017 2:52 PM

If coming up neck from top of shoulders it could also be cervicogenic headaches. I use the same methods as Gotobef. But I also have a tube sock filled with uncooked rice, I keep in the freezer (for cold pack). But I can hear it in the microwave for warm moist heat, like for sinuses. I purchased a shoulder strap gel pack that fits over my front shoulders and drapes down the upper back; freezable or microwaveable. There is a scent in it but I can't remember what. It cost about $30-35. I rub pain ointment in for spinal/cervicogenic headaches. I hope you get some relief soon! Hugs love & prayers 🙂💕🙏🌸

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community