Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hello!

May 26, 2015 6:20 PM

18 years ago i had a car wreck that i thought I'd just walk out of with whip lash. After 2 weeks of confusion i went to my pcp. He told me that I had DDD and Osteoarthritis. I've lived with pain for years.
My cousin told me about fibromyalgia years ago and told me to ask about it. I did in passing and my chiropractor and gynecologist thought it wad a good possibility. I wad in college with 3 kids and didn't have stable insurence.
I've struggled got so long. I finally gave up after hurting my back and went back to my former pcp. Yup, fibro with some kidney issues. So, here i am. Learning how to take care of myself. Thanks!

May 26, 2015 8:31 PM

Welcome DukeandAspensmommy! I'd say a predominate number of us have fibromyalgia. And we all share suggestions and advice, because no two of us are alike and not every method works for all.

I'm tired from my day today so my brains lagging behind. But the most important thing I've learned from fibro is not to fight through it and do too much, but instead listen to my body's signals to rest when I need it. Due to so many medication allergies I can't depend on meds as much and I tolerate lot before I start to medicate. It's likely my worst habit. I'm in a pain flare now but my schedule isn't allowing as much rest as I need to be taking. I'm trying to compromise by going to bed thirty minutes early each night. When I'm in a flare I also try to avoid stress, because it increases my pain.

I hope you find this site and everyone in it as helpful and compassionate as I have. Prayers and blessings for a good night's sleep! 🙏🌼

May 27, 2015 3:21 AM

Welcome Duke and Aspens mommy

May 28, 2015 5:16 PM

Yes, welcome to the group. You will find that everyone here is dealing with a vast array of issues. For the most part we have all become like a family. Sometimes we need to give or receive a 'virtual hug'. Many times we share our personal experiences with whatever issues we have been forced to deal with. I hope you find comfort in our growing family.

May 29, 2015 5:13 AM

I have fibro too. To say it's the pits would b subtle. The biggest thing I've learnt from a lifetime of it (39yrs) is to use things ur passionate about to help to cope with with pain, sleep dep and all the other 200+ symptoms. I love art and books, I can't always paint and holding even paperbacks is painful so I have fallen deeply and madly in love with my kindle ;D u can adapt the way u do things like that to help coping strategies. Good luck and I wish u a good day xx

Jun 04, 2015 10:17 AM

Hi everyone, I'm glad I've found this community.

Jun 04, 2015 1:24 PM

Welcome Arunena! Hope you find it as helpful and supportive as. I have. The people are so warm caring and most of all understanding. 🙏🌼

Jun 05, 2015 2:08 AM

Yeah, I'm already reading here for some days. Thank you.
I don't want to drift away from Duke's topic... =)

Aug 22, 2016 11:24 PM

Hello, my pain companion says we're a match bc we have like pain & conditions. Nice to meet you. I'm trying to find others like me who I can relate to

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community