Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hello

Jan 01, 2017 12:49 PM

Hi all just wanted to say hello. Im new here ,i suffer from endometriosis and fibromyalgia. My meds have caused weight gain and due to pain I've not exercised much .
Anyway thanks for reading x

Jan 01, 2017 1:31 PM

I so relate to weight gain and too much pain to exercise๐Ÿ™ƒ

Jan 01, 2017 1:32 PM

And too much fatigue to write a post๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™ƒ

Jan 01, 2017 1:44 PM

Hello Wood. :)

Welcome to the group. Am glad you found us but hate that you had a reason to need this app.

Jan 01, 2017 2:00 PM

Hi HWood14. Welcome to the community. We're from all over world so everyone comes on different times. I have fibromyalgia too. I do have an increase in appetite and crave sweets. I know what you mean about being too tired to exercise. Look around at the different topics. Bring up anything you want.

Jan 02, 2017 5:04 AM

Hello and a happy new year to you.
This is a great community, obv we are all here because we think we only have the pain in common but you'd be surprised how many other things we have lol.
The other users are great at answering questions or pointing you in the right direction.
Happy using ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Jan 02, 2017 5:54 AM

Hi HWOOD14 and welcome to the crazy family. Everyone here is super friendly and very supportive. No one is judgmental and nothing is off limits as our diagnosis affect every area of our lives....including mental & physical health obviously but sexuality, constipation/diarrhoea and anything that you can think of (sorry memory is bad but made worse with painsomnia!).
Everyone on here have different dx's with many having more than one overlapping dx as well but some are still looking for a dx as some of the medical profession don't understand or even believe that we're ill and that also can include family and friends unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜•
Feel free to ask any questions, vent about anything and celebrate happy times with us.
There are some good threads going like one for funny stuff that we post funny quotes and pictures on to lighten the mood and make you giggle or there's a crafty one that people post pictures of what they make/paint/photigraph/colour etc.... there's also older threads that hold a wealth of information. Feel free to join in and post yourself xx

Jan 02, 2017 10:31 AM

I too have struggles with exercising. I have been going to physical therapy though and they have given me a few things to do at home. If I can do nothing else - then I at least do gentle stretching. I learned the hard way that by not doing anything I was actually causing my pain to be worse. When it's nice out I love going to the park to just walk. I don't set a pace for myself or try to keep up with others - I just walk.

This year I want to learn yoga and perhaps tai-chi or something similar.

If you have access to a heated pool - water arobics is great. It doesn't put extra strain on you but it does help to get your muscles etc. some exercise.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community