Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hello.

Feb 11, 2017 9:18 AM

Hello in Debbie after months of being in pain and months of different tests along with a number of different diagnosis I have now been told that I don't have this or that but I have FIBFOMYALGIA and DEGENERATIVE DISEASE IN THE CERVICAL SPINE C6/C7.

Feb 11, 2017 10:01 AM

Hi Debbie, welcome to the community. We are like a family and are all over the world. So we come on here different times. I have fibro and degenerative disk disease too. There's several of us that do among other things. I'm sorry you have fibro and DDD. You can ask any question and we'll do our best to answer.

Feb 11, 2017 11:01 AM

Hi Debbie, welcome to the crazy family! πŸ˜‰ we need to laugh to stop ourselves going insane....well it's too late for the insane part for me but I still need to laugh!! lol
Anyway many of us have different conditions with some overlapping conditions like yourself with fibro and DDD. I'm battling Trigeminal Neuralgia, anxiety, depression and PTSD and also other pain and bad fatigue that's yet to be dx (probably fibro but I'll have to wait till I see rhaumatology next month). Each of us is different with our bodies reacting differently to symptoms and meds, what works for you may not work for me! But please ask questions and many of us will be here to answer them or otter suggestions about many different things but as we live all over the world it may take a while before someone answers depending on what time zone they're in or if they're suffering for painsomnia.
We all try to help and support each other here and no one is judgmental here either as we all suffer pain of some sort and know how it feels to be judged by "normals" even if they don't mean to be that way....unfortunately that's normally a given with an invisible condition.

There are many posts on here some are showing people's arts and crafts abilities, there's a few for jokes, some for happy places or things that make you happy and then we have ones asking questions on pain, relaxing, meds, alternative therapies, sex etc....
Feel free to ask questions on a new post or an old post and someone will be by to help you or post about your journey so far....the good and the bad!

I hope your having a pain free weekend and look forward to hearing from you soon x

Feb 11, 2017 11:32 AM

Hi Debbie, welcome to group. Lots of wonderful people here to support you or just make you laugh. Judgment free zone

Feb 14, 2017 1:21 PM

Sorry I accidentally touched the 'like' button. Welcome Debbie! My name is also Debbie and I am suffering from chronical back pain and IBS, no other diagnosis have been made. The only thing is that I have 6 loin vertebrae. Lucky meπŸ˜‰ tried all kind of therapies but none of them with success. Well hope you will find some useful information here.

Feb 14, 2017 2:09 PM

Hi all I have been spending most of my time looking through different web sites and information posts trying to find out about fibromyalgia.
It is getting confusing with all the long winded and technical words.
There are a number of different problems associated with this and a number for different medications. So I have no idea what I'm ment to talk with my GP about (what no 1 tablet does it all)(I'll be rattling).
As it is the normal over the counter pain killers don't seem to have any affect (I must be use to them)(paracetamol, ibuprofen, co-codimal).
I hope that the doctor can give me something.😫😫😫

Feb 14, 2017 2:19 PM

There's a book that answers a lot of questions, Fibromyalgia for Dummies. There are a lot of meds for fibro. I take tramadol and Lyrica. In the UK you use the generic. I forget what that is. I hope you get your questions answered.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community