Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Help😭

Dec 13, 2016 12:04 AM

Help, I need to get my house clean for guests but I am so tired and hurt so much that I can barely keep up with house work now. Dose anybody have any suggestions so I can get my house spotless?

Dec 13, 2016 2:54 AM

Maybe if you have some supportive people in your life they can help you out?

Dec 13, 2016 2:59 AM

If you are in the UK it might help to phone adult social services and ask for someone to come round to assess you
But in the short term your friends are coming to see you not your house

Dec 13, 2016 4:32 AM

If you're guests know you and support you they won't care how clean your house is they've come to see you.
With you even thinking this way you're putting more pressure on yourself so it's going to make you feel worse which means you'll have less energy and more pain and anxiety about it. Do you have anyone close who could help you tidy just so you feel better knowing that your house is clean before your guests come?
Are your guests supportive people who understand how you're struggling? At the end of the day they are coming to see you and if they care about you they won't care how your home is.

If you really feel you need to do it then write a list of the rooms that they will be in like the living room, kitchen, bathroom and toilet. Then set yourself a timer for every 15 minutes so that you spend 15 minutes cleaning then have a 15 minute break so you don't push yourself too much because then you will make yourself feel worse and need more time to recover then won't enjoy being with your guests.

Sending you positive vibes and warm hugz xx

Dec 13, 2016 8:22 AM

I'm the same way, I have to have a clean organized and spotless house when having company over, but to take pressure off you, the timer sezzy suggested is very smart, I do have one thing to add and that is take it one room at a time! It's hard enough on our bodies when we worry so trying to clean all the rooms at one time will cause a greater mess and more stress so one room at a time and do the 15 min on and 15 mins off!

Dec 13, 2016 12:10 PM

I use the following time plan: work 15, rest 5 (minutes); work 30-45, rest 15; work 1 hr, rest 30. I also keep it one room at a time, and move slow & steady. I have also accepted the house doesn't have to be spotless, because guests are coming to see me/us, not the house. That alone was a battle, as I use to be a perfectionist. Lol. Hugs love and prayers for strength and little pain while you have company! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community