Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Help.

Jan 18, 2017 3:50 PM

My legs have been hurting since last years January. I am going crazy cause the pain is constant. Is there anyone who has the same issue?

Jan 18, 2017 4:07 PM

My legs hurt but I have fibromyalgia. Have you been to a doctor? Does anything make it better. Anything make it worse? Is it muscular or your joints?

Jan 18, 2017 4:14 PM

I also have fibromyalgia. The only thing what makes it worse is activites e.g walking or sometimes even standing. I can not take antidepressants either because i get side effects(puking, head aches) although my doctors recommend it. I am 16 years old and I just don't want to live the rest of my life in pain all the time. It also feels like nobody understands the pain so i have nobody to talk about it. How is your pain like?

Jan 18, 2017 4:26 PM

It also helps to get shoes that have good support. Of you could get to a good physical therapist they can help teach you things that might help. Oh and if you can get to a heated pool - water aerobics might help As well.

Have you talked to your doctor to make sure it's the Fibro vs. Something else going on?

Jan 18, 2017 4:30 PM

PS. You have a while community of people to talk to here that truly do understand pain. We are all ages and come from all over the world so there is usually someone around within a few hours of posting.

I also have Fibromyalgia. Since I was about 12. I am 57 (I think. Lol - whose counting?) now. The pain changes over time. Some days it's better, some days it's worse. Just remember that it is just something you have and not who you are. That, I think, was one of the best lessons I learned over the years.

Jan 18, 2017 4:32 PM

They checked for everything and the only thing to explain my pain is fibro. I had a therapist, didn't help and i do have supporting shoes. Nothing helps to decrease the pain :(

Jan 18, 2017 4:33 PM

Thank you for the support :) I am sorry to hear about what you have been going through.

Jan 18, 2017 4:35 PM

Also about the heated pool - for some reason, being in the pool gives me leg cramps.

Jan 18, 2017 4:42 PM

Hmmm.. Is it the whole leg or a certain area.

A heated pool caused cramping? Am so sorry.

Can you see if you can find a therapist who has some training on Fibromyalgia and worked with people who have it?

Let me do some looking on things I should remember but don't. BRB

Jan 18, 2017 4:43 PM

Is it a cold or cool water pool? Heated pools are better

Jan 18, 2017 4:44 PM

P.S sorry had to switch account. Both pools cause cramps and yeah its the whole leg area.

Jan 18, 2017 5:03 PM

Have you tried physical therapy? I had issues prior to being diagnosed with fibromyalgia with both my legs terrible cramping and pain in my muscles & joints for years. Yoga helped as well with stretching the muscles and relaxation techniques. Warm towels also helped. You can place them in the dryer to warm then Wrap your legs. I hope you get relief soon. Hugs.

Jan 18, 2017 7:13 PM

Have you tried soaking in warm water with 1-2 cups Epsom salt.

Jan 19, 2017 3:12 AM

Thank you guys, ill try :)

Jan 19, 2017 3:15 AM

Yes i have burning aching legs constant. Its awful. Hot and cold works for me. Get an hour of relative respite. Keep that chin up stay positive. Gx

Jan 28, 2017 10:02 AM

Welcome to the community family Sandra16! I've had fibro since 2007. It's well known that exercise, even as simple as stretches, is good for fibromyalgia. But like most, being on my feet, walking, standing, or any upright activity will cause all sorts of painful feelings in my legs. I get exhaustion/weakness, burning, stinging, tingling, swelling, throbbing, & cramping. The more I use my legs the worse the pain. And night time is that hardest to get through, because it's so quiet and still that I have no distractions from the pain. I do the stretching, walk & even ride a recumbent bike. I have to elevate my legs due to circulation issues. I take Tylenol, tramadol, muscle relaxers, and use pain ointment. I can't get in a tub with epsom salts, so I soak hand towels and squeeze them out, wrapping them around my legs. I wish I had a walk in tub or heated pool/jacuzzi, because at a hotel it was heaven (except when it was too hot). I started taking magnesium & D3 supplements last year, as several in the community had good results with them; so have I. I also started reducing sugar & starches in my diet; known inflammation causers & my bloodwork kept showing high inflammation markers. Gabapentin has been very helpful to, in regards to the paresthesias; not with other symptoms. We are all different and not everything works for everyone. Hugs love and prayers as you try to find helpful coping methods that work for you! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jan 29, 2017 10:22 AM

Slab, my niece has fribr and something i have put on here lots, the others are probably tired of hearin. She has had it since a teen. Once she found a doc that works with natural remedies she has cuther bad das down to one or 2 a year. What that doctor did was took her off all frozen meals she did not make herself, ie preservatives, nothing premade, then 6 weeks later no white surgar which included corn suryp, corn potatoes, pasta, she could use honey and maple syrup. Now he has her off gluten. I rarely know she has any pain and she hasn't taken an antidepressant in over 6 years. She makes her own flours for breads etc. She made cornbread this newyears and just the texture was different. Start with the processed foods and take your own lunch to school. Then weed out the white sugar foods. Find a gluten free friend to learn what you would like. As she said she became a chef and cookbook arther all rolled into oneone

Jan 29, 2017 10:25 AM

I also have anorexia so i can't allow myself to eat less. Did she lose weight? If she didn't then i'll consider this for sure :)

Jan 29, 2017 10:31 AM

There's group on FB Gluten Free. It helped me a lot. Book Gluten Free for Dummies is great.

Jan 29, 2017 10:33 AM

Going sugar free is the hardest for me. Corn Syrup in a lot of foods. I just have a sweet tooth.

Jan 29, 2017 5:23 PM

Have they checked all your vitamin and hormone levels? Or potassium

Jan 29, 2017 6:17 PM

I had eating disorder too and low vitamin and mineral levels really made my fibro worse. Now I take an extra separate Magnesium Complex, Vit D, Calcium, and B complex supplements and those have helped me with the daily aches and pains. Especially the magnesium complex (3 different types in one pill) is for muscle pains. I take tramadol for really bad days and epsom salt baths do help too. I don't get so much leg pain, mine is all in my shoulders, neck, head, jaw, face, arms... but on bad flare days it makes me vomit profusely! When I can tell it is going to be a bad day, I take Tylenol and phenergan (for nausea) right away. If that doesn't help within an hour, I take tramadol and hope for the best!

Jan 29, 2017 6:20 PM

Low potassium will definitely cause leg cramps too. Going preservative-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free will not cause you to lose weight because there are tons of options still out there. I noticed a decrease in my pain when I limit those things. Hugs to you! Keep trying different things and always care for yourself first. Not easy!

Jan 29, 2017 11:37 PM

Happytoseethesunrise yes i was in the hospital for some time and they checked everything.

Jan 29, 2017 11:38 PM

Thanks dorycreates ill search those up! :)

Dec 26, 2017 5:48 PM

Go too a good chiropractor. Maybe pinched nerve

Dec 27, 2017 12:35 AM

I have CRPS in my entire leg. So I get it. Sometimes I wish it was in my back or something. Every step is brutal

Dec 28, 2017 7:08 PM

Wow! I am reading this and getting a lot of good info and ideas to try. I was just diagnosed with Fibro unfortunately on top of other illness that causes me chronic pain. I'm feeling hopeful after reading the advice for our young friend. Thank you!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community