Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Help please

Jan 22, 2017 12:15 AM

Ok I'm just going to spill it cause I can't take it any longer. So I went to my dads hose this weekend and he takes me to big al's so I can play some games with my stepsister I had a good time then we go to the mall and he gets me a new pair of shoes cuz I have basically destroyed my other ones. I call my mom and she started yelling at me and was like "why can't he buy you something useful you already have 2 pairs of tennis shoes " she keeps yelling at to the point at which I'm crying and then I hang up on her then my stepdad gets on the phone and started talking to me and was super calm and nice but I snapped at him now I feel bad ๐Ÿ˜”. What do I do all I want is for someone to tell me what to do ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Jan 22, 2017 2:58 AM

First off everything is going to being ok.. no need to feel bad, your mother shouldn't have been doing that, what you get a change i suggest you just explain to your mother and step father that you didnt mean to snap at him vut your mother yelling like that about your father is uncalled for, ask that if she want to yell like that about him to please not do it toward you.. tell her how it's making you feel.

Jan 22, 2017 1:12 PM

If I was you I would start with an apology for snapping and then calmly explain what happened.
You're mum shouldn't have kicked off at you, if she has a problem with your dad it's him she should be shouting at.
Try to keep your chin up, everything will be ok xx

Jan 22, 2017 3:45 PM

I have to agree with everyone, you did nothing wrong and you should not be put in the middle. Sounds like your mom took it her frustrations with your dad on you. The adults should talk to each other and leave u out of it.

Jan 22, 2017 5:29 PM

All kids snap at there parents. Growing up is very hard and emotional. Your dad will understand. As a parent I love my kids no matter what and just want them to be happy. Just ring him back now you are calmer. He will appreciate it. X x

Jan 22, 2017 9:08 PM

Like everyone else has said, don't beat yourself up over it. It may make you feel better about it if you call your stepdad back and let him know that you didn't intend to snap at him, I'm sure he will understand that you were frustrated and not angrey with him. We all get upset sometimes and sometimes we take it out on those we love, not because they deserve it, but because we feel safe with that person. Remember you did nothing wrong and it will be okay. Hang in there, it'll get better.

Jan 22, 2017 9:23 PM

What they said. You are not in the wrong.

Jan 22, 2017 9:52 PM

You did nothing wrong, it was unfair of your mum to put you in the middle like that and have a go at you. She should of called your dad if she had a problem with what he bought you. Your step dad will understand, it may be worth just explaining it to your step dad and apologise for snapping at him, I'm sure he'll be fine with you xx

Jan 23, 2017 3:36 AM

Yes, Horsesnuggler12, what they said โคด๏ธโคด๏ธ

Jan 25, 2017 6:06 PM

Your mom should not judge or condemn anything your dad does or does not do, especially to you. And vice cersa. My parents fought and always slandered each other to us kids. I hated and resented it. My daughter listened and works hard to have a healthy relationship with her daughter's father, because of what I went through. Parents should never vocalize negative comments to a child, even if it's true. A child always takes it I their shoulders. You were not wrong, but do apologise to your stepdad, he'll understand. ((((Hugs))) love and prayers! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒธ

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community