Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Herniated disc

Jun 12, 2016 1:47 PM

Hello everyone - I just had an MRI done and have several herniated discs on my neck. One severe...the others mild...about 4 total. Has anyone experienced that? If so...what was your treatment for it...did it help? Any advice is appreciated.

Jun 12, 2016 5:25 PM

Kcoa11, yes, every disc in my cervical spine his herniated or ruptured. It's a nightmare. Depending on the doctor and your individual circumstances they may have you do p/t, injections, biofeedback, ultrasound, or possible surgery. I've had them all. Wish you all the best of luck. There are many others of us that have this situation so I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon. {{{Hugs}}} 💕🙏🏻🌻😊

Jun 12, 2016 5:57 PM

I have many in my entire spine every which way including caving in on my spine. The worst are considered inoperable at this time because worse case senerio is paraplegic or death. I tried physical theraphy but it hurt so bad we worked on posture instead and that helped some. I am also on muscle relaxers and a pain patch.

Jun 12, 2016 6:02 PM

Thank you for your reply. I'll see what the dr suggests. I prefer to not to have surgery because of the risk. Just very tired of this pain!!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community