Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hi!

Jun 27, 2015 3:01 PM

Hi i'm new here. I just recently got diagnosed with hypermobility with joint pain, (EDS pending) & Schuermann's disease. I'm hoping to learn allot from you guys..... it seems most of the time my pain jumps from one area to the next. Like for example one minute it'll be my knucle, next minute my toe. Then onto somewhere else! Anybody else experience this? Where the pain doesn't stay in one place? It's driving me crazy! I spend at least half to three quarters of my day playing chase the pain with my pain cream. No I can't use meds because every side effect that'll happen with it I get. So doc said no pain meds, exept for Tylenol help!

Jun 27, 2015 5:48 PM

My pain moves and spreads constantly.
I don't know much about joint hypermobility.
I would do my best to avoid Tylenol, and have you tried Kava root, magnolia bark, garlic, or lemon balm?
They're all edible.

Jun 27, 2015 5:53 PM

Hello 2leftfeet, I know there are several ppl in the community that have EDS, and I'm almost positive that my husband has Schuerman's Kyphosis. It's undiagnosed currently, but we're working on it. Anyways, welcome.

Jun 27, 2015 7:00 PM

Ferretbandit, how do I prepare the stuff you listed? As a tea or what? Aside from the garlic that is.... please explain. Thank you....

Jun 27, 2015 7:04 PM

Kava is usually in capsules, or used as a tea.
Magnolia bark can be an extract (similar to essential oils) or a powder. I've eaten bus from a magnolia tree but it was extremely bitter.
Lemon balm is sometimes part of a tea, but I eat it fresh like lettuce. It could also be used as a spice. It's in the mint family, and tastes best in spring.

Jun 27, 2015 7:41 PM

I second all 3 of those! They can be quite helpful and effective alternatives. I've got all 3 in my alternative pain/anxiety supplements collection and use them quite often!

Jun 27, 2015 11:19 PM

Hello 2leftfeet. I am sorry to hear you are going through these awful things. I can tell you that if you can't take the medication try using organic veggies and herbs, etc... Dark leafy greens, Chondroitants and Glucosamines, Kava Root, Magnesium and Vitamin D, Turmeric, Sage, Basil, Onions, Garlic, etc... Also there is a book that just came out about the grocery store being your pharmacy. It tells you all of the different foods you can use to help reduce inflammation, etc.. Another thing you can try is really eating clean, eliminate Gluten from your diet, no artificial sweeteners, soda, etc... I will look up the name of the book. I believe it was written by a doctor that has been on The Rachel Ray Show many times. it just came out after his shred diet book. I saw an entire episode that was focused on all of the veggies, roots and herbs that help to fight inflammation and pain. another example are cloves, potatoes and beets. I hope that this has been helpful. Again, welcome to the group and I will post again with the name of that book.

Jun 28, 2015 7:29 AM

Thanks Alwaysinpain. I definitely would like to know that book. Keep me posted!

Jun 28, 2015 1:04 PM

Welcome, 2 left feet. Describing the way your pain moves around is very familiar to me with my fibromyalgia. I have gotten so much helpful information here. And always friendly and supportive. I don't feel so alone anymore. Hard as they may try (or not), no one will not understand this type of chronic severe pain unless they have experienced it. (I always say I wish my husband could experience my pain for 1day. You know what? I don't think he would last for 5 minutes!! Lol) really? I think we as a community of people are so strong to keep trying, keep plugging away, like we do. We are stronger when we can lean on each other.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community