Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hi

Jun 22, 2016 1:44 AM

Hi

Jun 22, 2016 4:32 AM

Hi......I don't sleep well either. Suggestions anyone?

Jun 22, 2016 5:29 AM

I find that what helps me is to listen to soft music or nature sounds or white noise designed just for sleep. Most music apps have a greater selection.
It also helps to avoid eating for a few hours before going to sleep. And to have sugar in your last meal.
However,therev are many medical issues that can make it hard to sleep. For me,I never slept well until I was on the right allergies meds. If you have chronic medical issues, it may be worth mentioning in your next visit.

Jun 22, 2016 10:33 AM

Same here. Relaxing music & white noise. On really stressful days I can't get my brain to shut off, so I take anxiety med. If I'm sleepy but just can't fall asleep I take melatonin, but it doesn't keep me from waking up in pain. Bad pain nights requires extra breakthrough pain med. And on the "painsomnia" (another member named that) nothing works. Trying to stay relaxed, reducing sugar or caffeine after 3 pm, avoiding intense movies or programs or video app games 2-3 hours before bed also helps. Sometimes reading or playing games like Scrabble or Sudoku makes me sleepy. Five to six years ago I was barely sleeping 4-5 hours a night, 3 days a week. With the various changes I've made, and the help from various docs I only avg 2-4 painsomnia nights each month. Hugs & prayers you all can find ways to obtain more restful sleep! 🙂💕🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community