Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hi All

Jun 11, 2015 12:07 PM

Just a quick note. I hope you are all well, I have t gotten to read the posts. In a fit of rage (which never happens to me) I was so upset I punched a wall yesterday. Went to the orthopedist this morning and my hand is broken in 2 places and I damaged ligaments and tendons and am in a cast for the next 4-6 weeks. Pain is unbievable and ALL my fault for allowing someone not worth my time to enrage me so much. Guess that's my punishment. I pray you are all doing well, having a peaceful and less pain day. I will be off for a few days but wanted to let you know where I'm at so you didn't worry. Love to all and from my heart, have a blessed day.... Talk to you soon.💕❤️

Jun 11, 2015 12:12 PM

Get better alWayZinpain

Jun 11, 2015 8:17 PM

AlwayZ, rest and take care of your hand. I've got that angry once but instead of my fist I threw a large mug through the wall. I know your hand hurts, but I imagine you're also hurting emotionally, beating yourself up. Don't, we all have a momentary lapse. We hope you'll be back on soon. I'll keep you in my prayers. (((Hugs))) 🙏🌼

Jun 12, 2015 10:44 AM

Alwayz, I am sorry that you are in pain. That was not fair to your hand, you know. What did it ever do to you😀 just kidding. I hope you get to feeling better. I will miss you very much. Take care. I hope you get to feeling better. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jun 13, 2015 7:54 AM

Good day everyone. Thanks for your messages. Flappsy, before I punched the wall I had actually gone in the back room and taken a huge pillow and was smashing it on the bed and screaming and cursing... When I came out, I was still so angry, as I was going up the steps, I was just so angry I punched the wall. By the time I got upstairs, it was already purple and I couldn't move my fingers. You know, Profiler, my poor hand, you're right.. What did it ever do to me... LOL!!! I needed that giggle, thanks. I feel so stupid!! I suffer each day with enough pain, now I did this.. Dumb, Dumb, DUMB!!! My fault.. I'll never allow myself to get that angry again. Now I have to get the wall fixed too and it never did anything wrong either.. LOL!! Thank God I didn't hit the person I was mad at, she would have been very seriously injured. I have to meditate more. Hope you're all having a peaceful and less pain day. Love and prayers to all. 💕🙏🏻

Jun 13, 2015 4:07 PM

Lol AlwayZ. When I put the cup through our wall it was time for us to decorate for Christmas. I bought a giant roll of shiny red foil gift wrap and covered the whole top half of that wall. Then as we got Christmas cards I talked them on the foil. Everyone complemented hope pretty & decorative it was... none the wiser! 😀. And it bought us time to fix the wall. Like you I've never let myself lose control again... It could be dangerous! 🙏🌼

Jun 13, 2015 8:24 PM

You ok now alwayzinpain was just thinking about you and had to reach out to you

Jun 14, 2015 7:53 PM

That's too funny, Flappsy!! What a great idea. Too bad this is under the hand rail going up the stairs.
Eddie, the hand is all purple, bruised, red, deformed and from all of the swelling, I can't feel my thumb. (That wasn't even injured but there was SO much soft tissue damage and bleeding under the skin, the swelling must be putting way too much pressure on the nerves and therefore, my thumb is numb!!! Oh look, a rhyme...LOL!!). Thanks for asking.

Jun 14, 2015 11:38 PM

Alwayz I am so sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it gets better soon. We can do some pretty ridiculous things to ourselves sometimes especially in anger. Hopefully the swelling will start going down soon. I've had a broken wrist luckily it was my left, I'm right handed. It had been raining for about two weeks off and on and with all of our dogs going in and out it was a mushy muddy mess in front of the door steps. I had been to the grocery store and library checked out some books, I had carried the books and my purse in started back out to get the groceries and my service dog out of the car, I stepped off the bottom step with my left foot started to bring my right one down and blame the next thing I knew I was sitting on the bottom step with a broke wrist. It was drizzling rain Thank God I had on a Hoodie with my cell phone in it. I was like the old lady in the commercial I've fallen and can't get up.Lol I had to call 911 to come and take me to the ER where I sat in the waiting room for 3 hrs waiting on the ortho to get there to set it the wrist bone was sitting above my hand bone. I was such a big baby when he got there he said ok I'm going to give you some lidocaine he went all the way around my arm didn't give it enough time to deaden it before he started setting it. I thought I was going to scream, I tried deep breathing to help me relax ha it didn't work. I thought to myself why didn't you give me some thing good like Morphin and Phenergan. I moaned and tears were falling down my face it was horrible. He had the nerve to look at me and say that wasn't too bad to put back together again. I wanted to hit him for real, I thought to myself Yea maybe for you. Get someone to straighten out a metal clothes hanger for because when it starts healing it will start itching and it will drive you crazy.sending hugs and prayers your way

Jun 14, 2015 11:53 PM

Weezie--that's awful. Yuck. That doctor should have given you something. I hope you feel better.

I got a torsion fracture in my tibia (the fibula did not break for some reasn). They gave me Demerol. And then had to cast it. I was a kid at the time. The doctor took my dad outside and asked him if he was sure that he wanted to be in there--I was going to scream. I don't really remember it that well--but my dad tells me the story every once in awhile.

Jun 15, 2015 10:35 AM

I'm sorry always for the pain if I could I would take your pain for the day to give your hand and body a break get better

Jun 17, 2015 2:57 PM

That is such a sweet gesture, Eddie. Thanks so much. Thank you ALL for your comments and your compassion for my situation. THIS is just one of many reasons i love this community and the wonderful people that I have come to think of as friends and family. 💕🙏🏻❤️

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community