Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Hip pain

Jul 11, 2016 5:48 PM

Anyone have fibromyalgia which staryed out as chronic hip pain?

Jul 11, 2016 6:38 PM

Yeah. Work up one day and just couldn't walk. No one has ever been able to give me an explanation. Hip pain always present.

Jul 11, 2016 6:48 PM

The worse pain on earth. I'm in physical therapy for my hips and haven't been able to go back 2 going on the3 weeks now because I ended up needing a walker after third session they thought I could do more and pushed a little to hard. Made the horrible mistake of putting me on a treadmill and pain has gotten worse now even when I attempt to bend down the pain is unbearable and I can barely lift the weight of my leg to walk. I'm shuffling/dragging my leg like dead weight my right side is more effected. I'm waiting for my cane to come in the mail hopefully to help my mobility. Horrible just horrible pain started in highschool.

Jul 11, 2016 10:41 PM

I have osteo in both hips and lower back complicated by lupus. Walking is a struggle often and standing for long.

Jul 12, 2016 2:54 AM

Hi girls...
hey Gibbers 🌷🌷🌷(wow similarity)

I have such intense hip pain, it wakes me with the feeling i have a vice pushing my pelvis apart from the inside.

Just been dx with osteo in spine... complicated with a dx of MS 13yrs ago... and DDD 8yrs ago.

My fitbit says i dont sleep longer than 2-3hours at a time without waking thru the night & I cant walk far... and cannot stand long either 🐫

(My dog has bad hips too... so we both cant go far!)

Jul 12, 2016 3:21 AM

Hi lulabel! Sorry to hear of your diagnosis! Hip pain wakes me as well and im lucky to get all the sleep cycles were supposed to get according to my sleep tracker. Ive had scans and xrays with nothing showing. Today i had that pain that my hips were being pushed appart and i normally dont have hip pain in both hips. :( how do you manage hun? Hats off to you!❤

Jul 12, 2016 4:04 AM

Hey Laalaa ⚘
Its one of many so im past caring what they want to lable it as lol... 🐴

Ok not in this order but...

I lost 14STONES thats about 200lbs!
Now i can move again and it def helped me take control of my life and in turn my pain and how i manage it!

Im taking high doses of meds,
I have a brilliant GP/PCP...
A physio,
An Osteo/acupuncturist,
A pain consultant (dr dreamy lol),
A pain nurse
Music! Music! Lol 😉
I do pilates,
meditation,
i move slowly and pace myself
& i have a dog(myBFF),
I swim,
do light hand weights,
i walkk with crutches
a wheelchair if its a long way...
warm baths with epsom salts (learned here ty🌼)
Massage therapy
Dry needle therapy...
Plenty of rest...
Clean diet with no processd foods
Spinal surgeon (& every injection/denervation in theatre)

But the most important thing...
Is PMA! Positive Mental Attitude!
I smile allot 🐴 & i believe in me!
Learning to be comfortable in my skin and to love myself. Letting things go... and letting negative energy go... but holding onto positive things in my life! Accepting and Adapting!

Its a ten year learning curve tho... that i am always learning every day. Its not easy but i think i must be a little unhinged 🐫too lmao!

👮🎓👲👳🎩👷💂👒🎅i love hats 🤗

I pput on my make-up every day cos it makes me feel good & i dress to impress when i go nowhere hhehe... cos it makes me feel good! (Sometimes i cant stop shaking and i look like a clown lol but i dont care!)

Wow i do lots reading this... it took me 10yrs to get here tho 🐔

Hope this gives u an idea to help.
Maybe in just one way... just one step at a time 🌷

Jul 12, 2016 8:42 AM

Hey lulabel it does sound that way. I don't think I sleep more then 2-3 hours at a time either. Not fun at all. I'm 45 years old and a walker has been mentioned. I use crutches at times when it's really bad but because I have lupus arthritis in all my joints, the crutches really hurt my hands, wrists and elbows. I don't see how a walker would be much better. I used to work out hard 5 days a week. Now I can hardly walk. At least I have my candles making right now. That's my therapy lol

Jul 12, 2016 12:06 PM

Laalaa, I've never really thought about it until now. I've had OA and spine DDD for 22+ years. When I first started hurting in 2007 I had pain all over, but especially in the lumbosacral area & neck. I wasn't dx with fibro until 2012 as it worsened all over. 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jul 12, 2016 5:10 PM

Thank you! Ive finally found a good doctor after 2 years of searching and 2 years of getting a diagnosis. Previous doctors were just quick to want to put me on antidepressants. Im off to see the rheumatiod in november and hopefully they will give me more skills to manage the pain. Im glad lulabell that you have such a good strategy and team to deal with things! X

Jul 12, 2016 6:18 PM

Arthritis is both hips severe in left side :(

Jul 13, 2016 11:21 AM

🤗Hugs to u all today 🐫
hope ur day is a little easier today
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community