Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

I can't do this anymore

Apr 27, 2016 11:38 PM

I give up I am 12 years old and have stayed positive for 3 months with very little family support I have been on and off pain meds for 3 months my foot hurts and my friends are blaming me for stuff and my sister doesn't talk to me anymore I know she's at college but she could text me right? Anyway I can't take it the pain is so tiring that I can't do it I have gone to school and played supports every day since I hurt it what do I do?.I think it's broken but I can't go to a doctor until June 😭

Apr 27, 2016 11:48 PM

I constantly feel a nail going through my foot but it isn't their

Apr 28, 2016 1:42 AM

Hi there,
It's always nice to hear Aga's again from a horse snuggler. I'm sorry to hear of your pain.
I'm wondering if there's more to your situation. If there is more going on than foot pain. For anything that's bothering you, including, obviously, your foot: (assuming you've tried and re-tried relatives and school personnel, your doc, church, etc.) . . . If no one will help you, call the county, I think it's called health and human services. Wishing you the best.

Apr 28, 2016 3:02 AM

Horsesnuggler12 now that's a cool name. It's very hard when it feels like no one listens or when friends just " don't' get it". You have some good listeners here so talk a bit about yourself and your foot and see what ideas can help you feel better. Even grown people need to do that so don't let being 12 years old stop you from saying what's bugging you πŸ˜€

Apr 28, 2016 7:34 AM

Hang in there. What is keeping you from going to doctor for so long?

Apr 28, 2016 10:31 AM

My mom quit her job to take a new one and our insurance won't kick in until June

Apr 28, 2016 5:04 PM

Horsesnuggler12, I'm sorry to hear your foot is not improving. Please don't give up though. People who do not have chronic pain issues can't understand our have compassion for those like us. And injuries take a long time before regaining basic normal function sometimes, even when lasting chronic pain remains.

I broke a bone in my foot years ago, and because it wasn't healing fast enough the doc said he needed to remove it, that it wasn't an important bone. I had the surgery and he removed the bone, even though it was slowly knitting back together. The removal of that tiny sesamoid bone has changed my gait forever, and I can't beat to stand out walk for long anymore. That was over 8 years ago.

Im not sure what to say about why your friends are blaming you for things. Sometimes a person can say something and those who hear it don't interpret it the same way. Please know I'm not saying you misinterpreted them at all. But the older you get the harder it is to make friends. Talk openly with your friends and make sure everyone understands what's going on. This injury isn't something you could help or control. Let them know you just need their support. And as hurtful as it is there may still be some who aren't supportive.

As for your sister, try not to take it personal that she isn't responding to your texts. My girls went through this exact phrase; one went off to college and the other felt forgotten. Entering college is a whole new world of its own, with so many challenges & changes that students don't expect. It's also a step of "flying the coop," where this young adult learners to move through life without mom or dad always being there. They're essentially learning to feed themselves, clean their home, do their laundry, do their classwork, sometimes even work a job, and form new friendships in the process. It's very likely not intentional that your sister isn't responding, simply because she has so much going on. And if she is in classes or studying it's hard to stop and text or take a call. Doing so breaks the focus on the studies. I'm saying this because this is exactly what took place between my girls. It was way more responsibility than my oldest daughter bargained for, and she came home to a local college the next semester. Set up a specific day/time to call and chat with your sister once a week. Let her know you miss her & need to hear her voice. Hopefully you'll hear from her skin.

Know you are not alone. Don't give up. We all understand chronic pain and are here to listen & support you. Hugs & prayers for strength as you cope through this! πŸ™‚πŸ’•πŸ™πŸŒΌπŸŽ

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community