Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

I have a question

Nov 29, 2015 2:54 PM

I haven't been posting much the last few days but I have been reading. My question is this... shouldn't a doctor know how to spell medications correctly? Or spell correctly in general? Maybe I'm nit-picking but I'm not sure I really trust that this Dr they have on here is a board certified Dr in the U.S I'm going to need some proof that he is who he says he is before I listen to anything else he has to say. It strikes me as... well... a little strange that all of a sudden there is a Dr giving us advice on our issues and then the site developers want to start charging for it. I'm just saying...

Nov 29, 2015 3:16 PM

Cerea, I think any info a Dr who does not know you, your medical history, your labs both current and past or has never laid eyes on you AND is giving advice on the net should be treated as suspect. The only reason I am willing to pay is because they are planning to make improvments to the app, and I am always interested in new research any medical professional might point me towards. But having said that, I think as patients we owe it to ourselves to make sure the references are credible and look into the research before choosing to accept or reject it. Personally, I would not pay for any online consult- lawyer, Doctor, veterinarian, etc.. I guess I'm just naturally suspicious and I need to see someone in person before I will put that kind of trust in them. I have posted several questions to him asking for clarification or disagreeing with him and have gotten no response at all. Interesting....

Nov 29, 2015 3:32 PM

I did a little research on this Dr. He is a Dr... in Germany. Sorry, but I think I personally will stick to US docs. If it gets to where they start charging for this, and the upgrades are worth it, I'll pay it, but not because they get some Dr from another country to come on here, ( where we, I thought, were safe to say what we were feeling and thinking,) to, and this is only my opinion mind you, lecture us on a condition so many of us have lived with for so many long, grueling years, and then to tell us that it's stress related along with other things maybe! I wanted to gag, and then punch him in the nuts and tell him to go talk it out with someone, it's just stress. I'm sorry, it just pisses me off when Drs get a God complex. This is just my opinion. I don't have a very good opinion of Drs anyway. Please don't jump on me for my opinion. I'm entitled to mine, y'all are entitled to yours, and I will certainly respect your opinion on this subject.

Nov 29, 2015 3:48 PM

I see your point cearea, however in the other topic about paying they did state that Dr fouradoulas was in Switzerland or something like that. I do agree that we should all be suspect of anyone attempting to fish or in anyway get personal information. With most of our conditions it leaves us in a Position to be taken advantage of. I must admit I was mindful with a lot of things gs here at first and even now I'm still watchful. Especially with the new people that show up . and when I saw the paying topics show up I almost uninstalled the app. But I have it a minute and of course decided to not. And as far as jumping on ya.. I can't see anyone doing that unless you starting aski g for card numbers or tryi g to sell drugs like other dude. Ha..lol.... I do fell everyone here is on the uo and uo including the drs and Daniel I could be wrong. But I'm always aski g GOD to help me when it comes to things like this. But I do thank you for being strong enough for saying something. I was feeling g the same way in a way but just decided to keep quite and watch. But sometimes it's good to poke bear just to see what happens. I figure I'm doing enough of that here at home with my family so I can't have the whole world mad at me. Lol

Nov 29, 2015 4:08 PM

Thanks. The thing for me is I don't care if the whole world is mad at me. I was married to a Federal Agent and he put some bad people away for a long time here on the border. For a few years, there was a bounty on our entire family. It didn't scare me then, it doesn't scare me now. When they did kill my husband, they were the ones that poked the bear... this momma bear didn't like it and I still live by the premise of shoot first, ask questions later. I will always speak my mind regardless of what anyone thinks. As far as them saying he was from somewhere else, I didn't see it. If they are going to have Drs on, they can at least make sure that they spell correctly. Ok, I'm a little OCD about the spelling of meds. There is a good reason for that. Some medications are spelled similarly to each other and it has caused deaths due to errors in filling medications at pharmacies before. I have for one, don't leave my Dr's office unless I can read the prescription. I then know that the pharmacy tech and pharmacist can read it also. I never take a new medication without first reading the information that is provided by the pharmacy and comparing that to what the Dr and I will discussed. It's just an additional layer of protection on my part. I did receive the wrong prescription once, and what they gave me would have reacted with what I was already taking, and it could have killed me. This is why I do what I do, and why I am as particular as I am. Just looking out for y'all the best way I know how.

Nov 29, 2015 4:12 PM

I agree..I am on two meds now that are spelled very scarily similar. So I agree spelling is important. I suppose I'm always the advocate. And we all know spell check is the devil at times. I know my post at times makes me look like an 8th grade drop out. Lol but I do agree with your ideas and views its good to open up.

Nov 29, 2015 4:26 PM

I was speaking specifically about the Dr not spelling medications correctly. He is writing that on a computer and can certainly spell check and edit his posts. He isn't on the kind of medications that most of us are taking, we have an excuse. I do this from my phone. I tried using my computer but I can't see the whole post and my computer doesn't like chrome and it's the only way to use this site on my "puter". I need a touchscreen display. So, it's easier for me to use my phone with a stylus to type. Annnywaaay, I never meant for anyone here to think I was saying anything about their spelling. I was talking about the Dr only. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. My bad😯 (I have no idea if that is the correct emoji or not, but it looks like it) ☺

Nov 29, 2015 4:29 PM

Cerea I'm seeing a lot of hornets ever since that nest was poked.

Nov 29, 2015 4:40 PM

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Are you talking about the paying thing?

Nov 29, 2015 4:44 PM

It's an uncomfortable thing. The paying thing was the onset.

Nov 29, 2015 4:54 PM

Cearea.. I get it.. Lol I understand what u were trying to say. We good. Lol and yes I love your emjoi.🙆👍

Nov 29, 2015 4:58 PM

Since the Drs aren't in the United States I can see an occasional medication misspell though, regarding your specific concern.

Nov 29, 2015 5:00 PM

It is uncomfortable and I'm sorry if I upset you. I just don't trust Drs who jump on sites like this even if they were invited by the developers, which in my opinion is a bad idea, and start telling us about something we have lived with and fought for a very long time. I don't think, and again, just my opinion, that he could tell me anything I didn't already know or to try anything I haven't already tried,in regards to FM and chronic myofacial pain syndrome. Add, DDD, MS, arthritis and COPD, and I'm already a dead woman walking (shuffling 😀) the question then becomes, at least for me, when is that day going to come? I intend to use each one to bring a smile to someone's heart, spend those days with my grandbabies and my children and I intend to do it as comfortably as possible. If that means taking pain meds, muscle relaxants, nerve medications and and any herbal remedies I can get my hands on, so be it. No Dr from Germany gets to tell me that "expressive writing 'is going to make my pain go away. That, to me is quackery, pure and simple. Sorry if that offends anyone, it's not my intention, but I won't stay quiet when I see something that just makes no sense at all.

Nov 29, 2015 5:17 PM

Even translations have spell check. I'm just extremely picky about that issue with Drs as I explained above.

Nov 29, 2015 5:27 PM

Cearea, girl I love you 😊!

Nov 29, 2015 5:47 PM

Cerea you did not upset me at all, in fact I feel mildly less insane so thank you. I was trying to be fair on the thread with the hornet's nest analogy, I didn't want to jump to conclusions. Those were different issues but we present with similar symptoms: discomfort and reticence to post.

Nov 29, 2015 5:48 PM

Or maybe it was the fibro to juice fast thread.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community