Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

I have a question

Dec 02, 2015 11:39 PM

So we just got a nice amount of snow this week and I love it. I was helping my boyfriend carry in groceries and all of the sudden I missed the curb and rolled my ankle really badly. I have anxiety attacks whenever this happens, from the pain, and could barely breathe(Does this happen to anyone else?). I could barely put any pressure on it all night, and usually I can walk it off right away or very shortly after. Tonight as I was getting ready to go to bed, I noticed red blotches on my ankle. I thought it was odd but didnt give much mind to it, but now I seem to be going into a flare up of "whatever the heck I have". Does anyone else get ill after an smaller injury? Or could it just be partially bad timing and anxiety/stress?

Dec 03, 2015 12:20 AM

I find that tends to happen to me as well, partially because I've can kind of anticipate what my pain will be like after I hurt myself in a certain way due to previous experience like if I have to be an emergency babysitter no matter how careful I am I can't tend to lift my arms the next day or have range of motion in my neck so I do tend to get pretty overwhelmed and anxious or if I have to do the grocery shopping if I don't have someone to go with me I get about half way through the store before I need an attendant to help me with the rest and Carrey out to the car. It's also possible that it's not just a small roll and could be an actually sprain so if you do experience a lot of bruising and swelling in the next day or two maybe try and get it looked at? Ice packs could help with the pain now.
Sending you pain free thoughts and gentle hugs

Dec 03, 2015 12:24 AM

Thank you, I have a tendency to roll my ankles often but the blotch in looks like my sister's Lupus rash she can get. I do not believe it is Lupus relatee, but that is as close as I can describe it. I hate my anxiety.. always gets in the way and messes things up even more for me haha

Dec 03, 2015 12:33 AM

I did that a lot when I was younger and able to play soccer for a short time but I found I got hurt rather easily and much worse than others did and that. I'm not very educated on lupus can it be genetic? I know what you mean about the anxiety, it comes in so many forms. It's the monster under my bed and the horrors in my sleep. There are things that you can do get through the anxiety and things that just reduce you to a ball of tears. I've been hospitalized a couple times due to uncontrollable attacks so I've had to come up with ways to calm myself down. I've had one bubbling under the surface for the past couple days so I got a coloring book and put music or a show (both most of the time) on in the back ground and color as long as time and my sore hands allow me to. If you like to read, bubble baths and Epsom salts and dissappearing into a good book

Dec 03, 2015 12:47 AM

We are remodeling our bathroom and I cannot wait to take a bubble bath with Epsom salt. It is my cure all. And yes, Lupus can be genetic. She is my half sister and as far as we know, no one else in our family has it or is aware of it at least. I've tested negative for lupus twice.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community