I've been having horrible light sensitivity lately, so I got blackout curtains on amazon (looove amazon) and got my husband to put them up last night! Our living room is normally very bright in the morning, so now I feel like I can function again. On top of the light sensitivity, there's the sound sensitivity, and most recently taste and smell. Especially salt. I can smell a fruity yogurt from 20 feet away. Does anyone else have this issue? Especially anyone with neurological problems? I have tried googling these symptoms but it's difficult to find much, and impossible to find anything about it being related to syringomyelia. I'm seeing my physiayrist on the 30th but in the meantime the curiosity is killing me.
I can smell cigarette smoke and laundry products from blocks away. I was chemically poisoned and that is where mine comes from. Sensory overload is common apparently. I think our nervous system gets overloaded, probably from pain, and then everything else is just too much