Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

I'm Back !

Oct 06, 2015 5:21 PM

I am having a bad day I woke up with pain in my neck down my back all the way down to my hips. I'm having some pain and jerking and numbness in my arms and hands, and my legs aren't wanting to work right either. They want to give away when I walk across the floor. I don't want to go to the ER because the last time I went they didn't do anything for me except tell me that they couldn't give me anything else for pain I told them that's not why I'm here it's the numbness and tingling in my arms,and legs. They sent me home.

Oct 06, 2015 10:00 PM

Sorry about the ER. Are you taking anything to treat nerve pain/neuropathy/rsd? Sometimes the side effects are the opposite of what the med is supposed to do. Some ideas, if you're up for it.
Are you taking anything with Tylenol/acetominaphen? That can cause severe nerve pain.
Kava kava root + magnolia bark extract (good relief, pretty fast to kick in, makes pain bearable)
Low dose Naltrexone (works over time)
Gallium + DMSO (treat arthritis in horses, might be worth a shot, use 99.9% DMSO for full effect, 50% has no effect on me)
Garlic, Tumeric (likely already tried these, but I can't remember)
Iceberg lettuce, organic (it's bitter, but idk how it works, just made my dad, sis and I have less pain, I'm sure there's a bit of research)
Lemon balm (raw, if you can find it. Eat like lettuce, or make a tea, is traditionally used to treat nerve pain)
Maybe try a different doc? I know it's hard when new pain shows up, you ask a doc, and they just say "no painkillers" but ignore your questions. I hope you can find relief ASAP

Oct 07, 2015 11:08 AM

Thanks Ferritbandit I take Gabapentin 800 mg 4 x day and Savella, I take Cymbalta at bedtime it's been working g really well until last night I was up all night hurting. The pain in my arms,hands and legs is due to my Syrinx and Syringomyelia pressing on my nerves and muscles.

Oct 07, 2015 1:48 PM

Hmm, I use to take Gabapentin, though not anymore. Do you found it just kind of numbs the pain, or does the pain get replaced by normal sensitivities?
If this pain is new, I'd try some of the quick pain relievers, like Kava root or magnolia extract for sure. A lot of the other options would be (in general) longer to take affect, and might need to build in your system.
Sorry your med isn't working. 😕😟😔
Could you have gained tolerance in the time you've been taking Cymbalta?

Oct 07, 2015 9:05 PM

Gabapentin has really helped me, as well as Savella. I am going to try KAVA ROOT AND Magnolia extract.I just started the Cymbalta 2 months ago. I'm feeling better this evening. Thanks for the information.

Oct 07, 2015 9:12 PM

Weezie, bless your heart! I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds familiar to symptoms I've had a couple of times since my tremors started. Call your doctor immediately and let them know. You're in my heart and prayers! (((Hugs)))) 🙏🌼

Oct 09, 2015 9:59 AM

Weezie... I saw this post the other day, got a call and didn't welcome you back. You have been sorely missed as you are among the first that came to my side when I found this community. I hope things are going in a good direction. I'm sending you gentle {{{{Hugs}}}} and my prayers for a blessed and peaceful day. 💕🙏🏻🌻

Oct 09, 2015 7:53 PM

Thanks Alwayz I have been dealing with some issues about my Granddaughter, but I hope it is going to be resolved soon. It's about to drive me crazy. Lol

Oct 09, 2015 7:55 PM

Oops darn button on this phone. I have missed all of y'all too!!

Oct 09, 2015 8:00 PM

Weezie, praying for you and this situation. (((Hugs))) 🙏🌼

Oct 09, 2015 8:49 PM

Thanks Flappsy

Oct 09, 2015 9:40 PM

Well weezie. My uncle said to say welcome back (eddieray55) He's praying for you all and is doing better

Oct 09, 2015 9:46 PM

I have reactions to cymbalta. And gabapentin. High fevers pain in extremities that feels like they are breaking your bones from inside, mouth sores and I kept biting my tongue from slight swelling.

Oct 10, 2015 10:13 AM

I have degenerative disc disease, MS, diabetes, and nerve damage. I went to the ER because I fell. The top of my iliac crest was really hurting. They assumed I just wanted pain meds. I'm flagged as a drug seeker, even though I have a pain management Dr. I wanted an x-ray to make sure I didn't crack anything. The Dr. Poked my back, not my iliac crest and said it wasn't an emergency. My fried was on his way to pick me up but they wanted me out of the hospital. My walker was in my truck that my friend was driving. They wouldn't wait till he got there. They wheeled me out of the door and told me I had to leave. How was I supposed walk I asked them? They called security, there were 2 of them, the head nurse of the hospital and another nurse. They watched as I struggled out of the wheelchair, down to the sidewalk, where I crawled on my hands and knees for over 500 ft to the corner of the street where I collapsed in the dirt. Some nice people came by and gave me water and stayed with me until my friend got there. I took pictures of my hands and knees. They were all torn up. I live in west Texas. It is always hot here. My friend took me to the ER across the street where he told them what happened. They did an x-ray where they discovered a bruised iliac crest. They cleaned my hands and knees, gave me a couple of pain shots and then let me go home. I'm looking for an attorney now. I understand about not wanting to go to the ER.

Oct 10, 2015 10:33 AM

Get a mean lawyer. Really mean.

Oct 10, 2015 10:31 PM

I hope you get a really good lawyer and take them to the cleaners. Good luck. I live in East Texas so I know how hot it gets here.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community