Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

I'm new here.

Sep 24, 2015 10:20 PM

I'm new to this app, and so learning how to use it. Haven't decided if I wanna keep it or not lol. I'm on a few support groups on fb. Is this like the same thing? Hope to hear from someone soon :)

Sep 24, 2015 10:25 PM

Iam new to this app too. Iam also in a group on facebook too. So far it is OK and different.

Sep 24, 2015 10:25 PM

And very interesting.

Sep 24, 2015 10:29 PM

I never knew they had apps like this untili was reading an article about Fibro that mentioned a few. It seems like it might bea good app. We'll see lol.

Sep 24, 2015 10:30 PM

Same here too until I ran across it. Lol

Sep 24, 2015 10:31 PM

This is definitely different for me.

Sep 24, 2015 10:33 PM

Yeah, I'm still learning how things work lol. But this could be a fun app. Getting to talk to people who suffer the same and truly understand is always nice.

Sep 24, 2015 10:36 PM

Yep. Dealing with this chronic fibromalgia pain. Always something every day with this pain. I have to fight with mine daily. I don't let it it take me on or my rheumatoid arthritis.

Sep 24, 2015 10:42 PM

That's good. I'm still trying to get meds worked out. They seem to help take the edge off, but I still can't work and sometimes I can't even clean the house lol.

Sep 24, 2015 10:48 PM

Hio, I've been on here for several months to a year, I can't remember. I like this app more than FB support groups for a lot of things, because it has more perspectives rather than a single diagnosis focus. I'm 15 now, and have found a lot of helpful advice here.

Sep 24, 2015 10:52 PM

Thanks for the input! I like my fb groups, but there are only a couple I really comment or post on. Wow 15 and dx. I was I believe 14 when I started having symptoms. But I want dx till 10 years later lol. I guess it wasn't as common. Our at least not for younger ones. I'm glad you have found helpful advise. I got judged quite a bit because drs kept saying they couldn't find anything wrong with me, so it was in my head.

Sep 24, 2015 10:55 PM

Yeah, a lot of teens hear that. It took 3 docs to get a referral to the children's hospital a few hours away, then ultimately my dad found some effective treatments, so I'm doing a lot better than a year ago. I still get to explain to every new neurologist that my doc misdiagnosed me with carpal tunnel.

Sep 24, 2015 11:01 PM

Yeah, that was one of the things they were looking into for me. It's great when you have your parents baking you. My Mom believed me, but my ex step dad stopped believing me when they couldn't find anything. Even after watching my hand swell so bad it looked like someone blew upa dress glove and put it under my son. If that makes sense lol. My took me to the er, the drs there had never seen anything like it before lol. They didn't know what to do with me.

Sep 25, 2015 1:27 AM

you can NEVER be in too many support group's because each group brings different stories, different medications and other things to try. Please stay with us! ❤

Sep 25, 2015 1:28 AM

That is very true. I didn't really think about it that way. I will at least give it a go for a lil while :)

Sep 25, 2015 3:33 AM

Welcome myfibrolife and ladyt!!

We have a lot of different dx and symptoms on here and people are good to post, so if you have something wrong you can almost always count on one of us to understand.
Stick around, I hope you enjoy our community!!!

Sep 25, 2015 9:07 AM

Hi im new too. Thought I was going to be diagnosed with RA to suddenly be told you have FM. Confused to say the least went from were starting DMARDS to here's a BuTrans patch for pain and a fibro leaflet we will see you in six months!!!!

Sep 25, 2015 9:14 AM

21again, I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I know that not having RA is a good thing but why would the doctor dismiss you for six months after giving you a diagnosis of FM?? Did he give you enough medicine to last that long? Did he/she say that if it didn't work to call and they would give you something else? Sounds almost like he just made a decision that if you didn't have one, you had the other. I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I hope that by joining our family community you can gather information from us and educate yourself on what it means to have FM. Just know that you are never alone and that any time you need to chat, there will always be someone here for you. There are no judgements here, only support, compassion and understanding. Keep us posted as to how you are doing. You'll be in my prayers.😊🙏🏻

Sep 25, 2015 10:07 AM

Alwayzinpain, thank you so much for your reply. He has given me a month of patches and then said go to GP. The senior registrar had just explained to us all about hydroxycholoquin etc only for the consultant who I never see to come in and say that as I have no inflammation he thinks it's fibromalgia not RA. I had to discuss with the pharmacy the contraindications for the patches and my other medicines and do my own research online.my gp had said my blood results showed 3 immunoglobulin inflammatory high markers that pointed more towards RA and expected that diagnosis and also my opthamologist who I see for chronic iritis said the same. This is the second opinion I have had. I had received an IM steroid injection 7 weeks ago which worked very well for the pain in my finger, wrist and knee joints. So glad I found this app as my memory of things is deteriorating somewhat. Lovely to chat to someone who listens thank you x

Sep 25, 2015 12:05 PM

No worries 21again. I do understand the struggle and frustration of getting conflicting diagnosis and being in pain. Any time you need to chat, I'll certainly be here for you. I'm just a keystroke away.. Holler and I'll come running. I hope you have a peaceful and less pain day.💕🙏🏻🌻

Sep 25, 2015 12:06 PM

Thank you so much Alwayzinpain I really appreciate that :) xx

Sep 25, 2015 3:02 PM

I'm few days on here and I like that I can see what others have tried and what helped them find relief and knowing that we all can relate really helps. Hope you enjoy the app

Sep 25, 2015 4:10 PM

Welcome to our failu,there are a lot of caring and compassionate 2 here. Hou can rant and rave all you want it is a no judgment zone. I have been here foe over a year ,lately I have been off. But I have made some very close friends that are more like sisters. Someone is always here if you need to talk, I have had a lot of support from several people.

Sep 25, 2015 4:13 PM

[failu ]family, [2]people,[foe]for

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community