Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

I'm new here

Jun 05, 2017 1:30 PM

I started having odd pains when I was 14, which spread and grew for years. It took over 15 years to get a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. Now, after another 15 years, something is hurting pretty much All the time. Some days are the "normal" pain I've learned to live with and ignore, but then there's the flares that are new and intense (like the last 2 weeks that my back has been trying to kill me). Not to mention all the added joys of IBS, anxiety, migrains, sensitivity to light, sound, heat, smells, etc.
To those that are newer to this world of pain, I just wanted to say that you do (saddly) learn to live with and/or ignore the pain. Even the times that you literally can not move because the pain is so intense. You still can't do what a "normal" person can do, but you can do a whole lot more than they could if they had your pain.
Now, does anyone have experience with IBS? It's a relatively new symptom for me, and I can't find anything that helps when it acts up.

Jun 05, 2017 1:39 PM

Welcome to the community Sigh. I'm sorry you are dealing with chronic pain. I have fibro too. I have I.B.S. with constipation. I take Myrolax. It started causing me diahria now. So I don't know what to do.

Jun 05, 2017 3:21 PM

I have INS with constipation. At first they put me on zelnorm until they took it off the market. Now they have me on Linzses (sp) but I hardly take it because it gives me diarrhea. The best thing I've found is eating about three handfuls of pistachios a day. 👍

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community