Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Insomnia

Jan 20, 2017 1:58 AM

My sleeping pills stopped working 2 years ago. I took trazadone and temazapam. They both stopped working if I took them every day so I rotated them. Took one one day and the other the next day. That worked for a while. Temazapam works if I take it once every couple months. Tonight I can't sleep at all. I usually can lay in bed and at least rest but not tonight. What do you all do to help you sleep?

Jan 20, 2017 3:33 AM

no good answer here, obviously I'm up too. Sitting on a heating pad, drinking milk, and surfing the net lol

Jan 20, 2017 3:46 AM

Sometimes I run myself a bath as hot as I can handle and put Epsom bath salts and soak until the bath gets cool.
Or if I feel like I'm going to really struggle getting out of the bath (getting out of the bath is counterproductive as I start to panic if I can't get up and brings my stress levels up) I use a foot spa to soak my feet in. My one bubbles, massages and keeps the water warm.
Over here I get a herbal tea that's called nighttime tea, it is organic with oat flower, lavender and limeflower. I fund it very soothing and it helps me relax so if I can't sleep I can at least rest.
If I think of any more I'll let you know.....the fog is strong today!

Jan 20, 2017 3:50 AM

I will definitely look on Amazon for that tea, thank you. I normally would take a bath with the Epsom salts but I ran out this week and have just been to tired to go get more. I appreciate your response and will definitely try anything.

Jan 20, 2017 4:01 AM

I often have painsomnia where I try anything if it helps and these seem to work the best for me but if I'm having a period of time where I'm getting hardly any sleep at all and nothing I try works...I'm talking about a week of at the most 2 hours sleep a night I take a tablet called phenergan tablets and they knock me out but on a personal note I will only take this in extreme cases when I can't sleep and I refuse to take it more than once a month and at a time when I know I've got nothing on the next day so I can take it easy and rest up

Jan 20, 2017 4:10 AM

That's an antinausia med isn't it Sezzy?

Jan 20, 2017 9:22 AM

I don't sleep. I got a Fitbit for xmas and when I look at my sleep over the last week. Several days I got just over an hour, once 2 and one night zero.. the exhaustion is catching up to me and I'm going to drop soon. Then I'll sleep for hours on end and it will be restless and I'll wake and doze all day/night and feel more exhausted. I sleep in a recliner so I'm in one position and my body can't deal with it. I can't sleep in a regular bed because it hurts my back to lay flat, I can't lay on my sides because of my shoulders and neck and can't lay on my tummy because of my neck. I've been in the recliner for 7 years. Every now and again I lay down for 20 minute on my Mother's bed and let my spine decompress and then the pain gets bad and I get up. I used to have to sleep in total dark with no noise and now I have to have the tv on for sound or I have night terrors. I hope you find something that works. Wishing you the best and I hope that you get some better sleep soon. It's known that folks with fibro and other issues cannot achieve R.E.M. Sleep so we don't get that restorative sleep. Sending {{{Hugs}}}💕

Jan 20, 2017 2:21 PM

Animallover2 I'm really sorry I've just seen this now, I've not been feeling too great, the doctor said I have the same ear infection that my daughter has had for 3 weeks now and she's on her forth lot of antibiotics. The doctor gave me the same ear drops that she's given Jo. Already after 3 doses Jo is saying her ear isn't so itchy and it's not burning so much, she's still in pain tho but hopefully this one will work.

Back to phenergan.....it can be used for several things like travel sickness, allergic reactions, hayfever and short term use to treat insomnia in adults. I've also known people who's doctor has prescribed it to help depression and anxiety.

I've taken a screen shot of the information leaflet off one of the sites that gives info on different meds.

Like I said I only use it when nothing else works and I'm in extreme painsomnia and only at the most once a month.

I hope you find some relief soon xx

Jan 20, 2017 2:28 PM

Oh the picture has come out all blurry and I'm not sure how to post it without the blurriness sorry

Jan 20, 2017 2:32 PM

I can read it thanks. We have a med here close to that name that is for nausea.

Jan 20, 2017 2:37 PM

Phenergan can be used for nausea, when I've had vertigo before and not had any prochlorperazine it has helped until I was able to get the doctors

Jan 21, 2017 1:36 PM

I use nightime meditation by Louise Hay. It's amazing! Sometimes I need to listen to it more than once.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community