Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Insurance coverage for accident

Sep 21, 2015 6:15 PM

Hi everyone;

Got an email from my state of Delaware insurance adjustor letting me know that my insurance coverage from the accident has been exhausted but it had only been 9 months. I was so livid with them. Her suggestion was "maybe your auto policy with PIP benefits will pay or if not you can pay out of pocket."
I haven't sent any response back to her but I will be obtaining an attorney. They will not be cutting me off like that. Thank goodness for regular medical insurance. Still have 4 more weeks of chiro to go and then back to pain management. I'm so freaking tired of this shi* but it's not over yet.
I will prevail already.

Sep 21, 2015 9:20 PM

Amanda I am so sorry to hear that. It seems like something is always going on.will keep you in my prayers, hugs !!

Sep 22, 2015 11:07 AM

Amanda, that is an absolute nightmare. I have no doubt that you will prevail. You are strong, well versed and you don't give up. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get this sorted out quickly. There is no reason that this should be happening to you. You're in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to get you through. Keep us posted on your progress.💕🙏🏻🌻

Sep 22, 2015 12:47 PM

Alwayz, quick question. Can the insurance company legally refuse me treatment at this point? We are not to a year yet in terms of the accident.

Sep 23, 2015 1:50 AM

No, legally, since you are still within 12 months and there has been no resolution to your problem they cannot refuse your treatment. Have you sued the person you were in the accident with?? This will keep the case open and you can negotiate either a lump sum of money or permanent care for you medically (having to do with the pain you suffer from the injury). The statute of limitations to sue for a car accident is 3 years. I would file if I were you.

Sep 23, 2015 5:46 AM

I haven't sued the person I was with because we were in a loaner state vehicle and it was the states neglect that the vehicle wasn't maintained correctly so I think I should probably at this point go ahead and sue the state, correct?

Sep 23, 2015 6:48 AM

Lots of accident attorneys don't charge unless they win then they take portion of settlement. You have nothing to lose and lots to gain id go for it

Sep 23, 2015 8:00 AM

I would say your best bet would be to file a negligence suit with provisions for medical and pain and suffering. It is true that several attorneys do not charge anything unless you win your case. I would check out reputable lawyers I your area that deal with accidents. I wish you all the best of luck and will be praying that they are able to assist you. You have suffered enough without having to worry about your medical bills being paid. 💕🙏🏻🌻

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community