Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Introduction

Nov 11, 2014 9:02 PM

Hi, my name is Lindsy I have Fibro, IBS plus many sinus issues and headaches. I'm (hopefully) just getting over a 4 day long migraine like headache. Unsure still how to classify it I just know the pain was so bad I just wanted to die. Severe stabbing pain in the right side of my head/face with pain in my jaw, ear, temple and teeth. The pain would occasionally spread to the other side like my head was in a vice. Other times it felt like my head was going to explode. I have and deal with a lot of pain and I've had many headaches of different varieties but this was different and unusual. I also get so tired of doctors that basically say there's nothing wrong. I spent all day yesterday in bed. The pain did subside today. It's more like a dull pressure in my entire face. I constantly feel alone in my suffering. Invisible and miserable. Hopefully just talking to others that know how I feel will help. Thank you for reading.

Nov 12, 2014 6:58 AM

Lindsy, you are not alone! I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better. And don't let doctors tell you nothing is wrong, keep looking until you find a doctor who takes you seriously!

Nov 12, 2014 7:33 AM

yes! there are docs out there that are great! keep searching! you are not alone in your pain and discomfort. I often have what I call "face headaches". And they are quite similar to what you describe, and they are awful! Nothing helps except for extra doses of IBProfin and rest. Even then they are bothersome. I have increased my water intake and find that I get less of them. Infact I chug one glass of water when I first get up. I also watch my caffeine intake.

Nov 12, 2014 7:40 PM

It sounds like you both are describing trigeminal neuralgia. My mom has it and starting to get it too. It really sucks! I'll be getting Botox shots in early December to numb my cranial nerves 5, 7 and 11. The doctor says it will help with the pain. Can't wait!

Nov 13, 2014 2:20 AM

Thank you all :) still on the search for a doc that gets it. Wired thing is yesterday and today the left side of my face and left arm has been numb off and on. Like when you've been numbed by the dentist and the feeling you get when the numbness wears off. Like that and it's very disconcerting. My husband thinks it's related to what I'm calling a facial migraine. My doc thinks it has to do with going off birth control (went off in July, was on it for 12 years) I looked into Trigemenail

Nov 13, 2014 2:21 AM

Accidently hit send but I've looked into Trigeminial neuralgia and it seems pretty close there are so many things it could be which is scary.

Nov 13, 2014 4:06 PM

I have the same thing too! Currently on my second flair up. I was told trigeminal, diagnosed atypical facial pain but now told to consider cluster headaches (one sided facial pain involved there too; described as facial migraine) and also told to go back to trigeminal neuralgia too. I take pregabalin for it.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community