Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Introduction...

Nov 04, 2015 8:09 AM

I guess I could introduce myself too. 😉 when I found this community yesterday I just sort of jumped right I in because I was so excited to read all of your experiences that are often so similar to my own.

My name is Molly. I'm 34. And a single mom to a special needs (almost) 6 year old daughter. She has sensory processing disorder of the hypo-sensitive type. I have been dealing with FM most of my adult life tho I was just diagnosed this year. I also have migraines and post infectious IBS after a nasty C-dif mess in July of 2014. My symptoms have not really been managed well since then and I lost my job in Nov 2014 after my FMLA ran out. I do have a very supportive boyfriend who is a great help in all things I struggle with and I am very fortunate for that.

I am so glad to find this community and meet u all!!

Nov 04, 2015 8:37 AM

Hi Molly. Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm glad you found this community. It has been a great help to me and I hope it will be the same for you. Welcome.

Nov 04, 2015 10:00 AM

Hi Molly!! Welcome to our family community. I am so glad that you found us and decided to jump on in and hang out with us. We are a zany, wonderful bunch of folks who are here for all different diagnosis but we all have horrible pain. Know that with us you are never alone. There is always someone who will come running (or at least walking fast..LOL!!😳). when you need help. There are no judgements here. We don't mind if your mood is sour, we understand. We are here to support you through the bad and celebrate with you for the good. I hope that you find this family a good match for you and hang around with us for a while. This group has been a Godsend to me and I've formed many very close bonds. I'm sure you will too. So, welcome again and I send you best wishes, gentle {{{Hugs}} and prayers that you have a peaceful day and less pain.🌻🙏🏻

Nov 04, 2015 6:10 PM

Welcome to our community family! I'm sorry your issues lead to job loss. I use to work in a long term care hospital, and they handled all kinds of bacterial infections other hospitals couldn't heal (c-diff, mersa, amputations with complications, etc). So sorry to hear of your battle.

Like you I had a mass removed in surgery in 2010 (5 surgeries in 1), and have never returned to work because of additional complications. Fibro jumped on board in 2007, and sjogrens & hypothyroidism this year. I have a good hubby (34 years this week), and thankfully he has enough income that we don't struggle like many here do; though sometimes we barely skate by.

I hope you'll feel welcome and right at home with us. We are empty nesters, so I really admire the younger mom's & dad caring for others along with trying to care for themselves. Kudos to you! I'll probably forget your name is Molly, and will likely greet you by your handle AmazingM, due to my memory issues. I wish you a relaxed evening and a good night's sleep! You're in my prayers, as is your daughter. 🙏🌼

Nov 04, 2015 9:29 PM

I'm Toni... I had my 2nd cervical spinal surgery this year... 1st one in 2002, diagnosed with FM in 2005, in chronic pain, feeling broken, exhausted FMLA, short term disability up Dec 22nd, crashing and burning at work doing 4 hours a day... After going back full time, with 2 reductions in my hours. In so much pain, can't think, can't function, have so many procedures every year I lose count, Rhizotomys, epidurals, facet injections, trigger point injections, trans femoral injections, cortisone in the shoulder, in the knee, in the neck, iV therapy every week... will end up with no job by the end of the year, can't afford my healthcare... Or anything else for that matter...My husband is very helpful, but I am the breadwinner, expecting a rocky road ahead... Trying to keep the faith... Seeing my family doctor this Friday, lugging a luggage cart in with my medical records.... Exhausted at the thought of filing SSDI...

Nov 05, 2015 9:48 AM

Welcome WantToBeBetter. I'm sorry to hear of your struggle and impending job loss. I know the struggles the loss of income can bring. Try and keep your head up, but when you can't, just look to the community and we're here. Hugs & a prayer for you! 🙏🌼

Nov 05, 2015 11:09 AM

Molly, I know that cdif sux. Glad you're passed it. Work stress is hard. Are you looking for any stay at home work?

Toni, good Lord ... I don't feel so bad about myself. I had my 2 gremlins (L5-S1 & L4-L5) taken out and fused 29 years after the first bulge when I was 14.

I quit all those procedures you mentioned. Pain clinics just shrug their shoulders at me. I suspect they are thinking, "um ... what do you mean the shots don't help. That's how we make our $$$$"

Keep on keeping on. Commit to overall wellness ... stress reduction, etc.

Nov 05, 2015 2:31 PM

Rkolle01, my IBS often results in incontinence so and is painful so I am very limited in the work that I can do from home, but I have been looking into it. My daughter is very time consuming as well. I get called to come to the school at least once a week. And my mother lives in the same building as I do and she has early onset Alzheimer disease so I help to keep her from driving my dad crazy so he can continue to work.

I am going to have to apply for disability but I dread it. I had been going to start my masters degree in physical therapy last fall. It's been a difficult adjustment.

Nov 05, 2015 2:34 PM

As for the c-dif, I get mrsa infections and seen to always be on anti biotics. From time to time the c-dif pops up again. It is frustrating. For me the bowl issues are even more limiting than the pain.

Nov 05, 2015 2:53 PM

Molly, I can completely understand Chronically being on antibiotics as I too have MRSA as well as suspected IBS but never diagnosed. In fact, here lately the only thing that the MRSA responds to is the big gun IV antibiotics.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community