POTS (orthostatic intolerance)
Orthostatic hypotension
IBS
mixed connective tissue disease
Scleroderma
Adrenal fatigue
Bursitis in both hips
Tendinitis in both upper arms

All of these diagnoses have been given to me within a year. So! I'm still either in denial or depression, I go back and forth daily. I'm ready to give up being sick and in pain then I remember I can't then laugh and keep going.

Anyway, that's me and not sure what else to add about my medical issues.

Jan 21, 2017 8:58 PM

Welcome to the group Brenda. One thing we all try to keep in mind d is that we are so much more than these illnesses. The medical is just something we have and not who we are. :)

We like to laugh here. You will find a few of those posts here.

Again Welcome to the group.

Jan 21, 2017 9:26 PM

Welcome to the family Brenda. Several of us here have EDS and it's wonderful (not) companions. I have hEDS, osteoarthritis, asthma, tendinitis (multiple joints), heart attack (at age 36), multiple allergies, 9/9 on the Brighton scale, and more. I know there's more, I just can't think of them right now. LOL

I started dislocating my shoulders as an infant, but it still took 43 years to get diagnosed with hEDS.

Even with fingers so hyper-mobile that is difficult to push buttons I still enjoy making things with beads, reading, and any kind of craft my hands will let me do.

Jan 21, 2017 11:58 PM

Thank you for your kind replies. One if you reminded me I forgot to add in that I have osteopenia too lol isn't it sad we have too many issues to remember them all?

Jan 26, 2017 10:19 AM

Welcome to our community family BrendaB! I recently was dx with the PoTS along with veinous reflux and veinous hypertension & hearing loss (now wear a hearing aid). I have a long list of other dx that have hit me since 2007, but most within the past 2 years. It is overwhelming at times. I totally relate! I quit work in 2010 to recuperate from surgery, and it wasn't until 2014 that I admitted to myself I'd never be able to go back to work. The past three months we spent in a mental funk and I rarely came online. But if hadn't found this community several years ago, I don't know if I'd be here now; I was at my lowest at that time. This community is like family, except we really understands and relate from experience. You won't be judged or yelled at here. Read through old posts about specific topics (search with the looking glass at the top). You'll find lots of compassion, suggestions, and laughter here. I try to stay positive because it helps. We are here for each other. And if you're using the Pain Companion app you can private message (PM) anyone else on the same app: Catch My Pain users can't PM. Hugs love & prayers as you find your way! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jan 27, 2017 10:02 AM

BrendaB, welcome to the nut hatch!!! I've been in chronic pain getting close to 30 years now and I've got a list of dx as long as my arm along with 30 surgeries and more to come this year. It's not an easy life but it can still be a GOOD life. Hang with us, it's an adventure for sure!!🤗💕

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community