Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Itchy Skin.

May 21, 2016 12:00 AM

OMG my skin is so itchy. My nerve endings are in over drive. It feel like bugs are crawling all over me. I have big red blotches and hives from scratching do much. Tried Benedryl but getting no relief.

May 21, 2016 5:59 AM

When I came into contact with juniper this week i found the tea tree oil helped with the itching and brought the hives down a bit. I put 2-3 drops undiluted on each arm and rubbed it in. But a mildish allergic reaction from contact is probably very different than what's happening to you, however I do feel that its worth a try

May 21, 2016 6:41 AM

I do this all the time too. Can't stand it!

May 21, 2016 1:59 PM

I itch bad sometimes. The worst is inside my ear canals. Aaaargh! Also will feel like spiders are crawling all over me. Oh Joy

May 21, 2016 4:04 PM

Try allegra that is what the dermatologist told me. Mine turned into hives.

May 23, 2016 2:07 PM

Occasionally my itching is due to anxiety reaction instead of allergy.

May 25, 2016 3:37 AM

Try some antihistamine or soothing body cream. Just to help with hives. I'm on Loratadine which helps tons x

May 25, 2016 8:14 AM

Dolph, has the Claritin ( Loratidine ) cause you to have a faster heartbeat? How long have you been taking it? What side effects have you xperienced?? Thanks so much

May 25, 2016 10:17 AM

I haven't been in this in a while and the first post I see is this which is exactly what I'm going through and I don't understand what is going on or what it is. My face started off covered in give why my whole body itched I have been scratching nonstop and now I have hives on my back too. What causes it?? I'm a bit stressed but I didn't think I was stressed enough for this to happen!

May 25, 2016 3:35 PM

Fjhatch I've been on this since itching started about 4 yrs ago. I haven't had faster heartbeat as far a I know; side effects not sure. Still beats the crawly feeling I use to get all over . Still occasionly get a drastic itch and make skin bleed or cause bruising but nothing like I use to.

May 25, 2016 7:02 PM

Spiritual girl I have autoimmune hives. See if you can get into an allergist. The best otc for it per mine is allegra. I was on steroids for months but finally got the Xolair shot approved and after 3 years of hives they are gone

May 25, 2016 8:01 PM

What medication are you taking? It could be you are having an adverse reaction! Speak to your healthcare provider asap

May 27, 2016 10:54 PM

Shammagren Thanks I will maybe talk to my GP. I'm paying to go get seen privately to check my back, neck, leg and arm pain as I'm not fully convince I have fibromyalgia the pain is just too back around my back/neck area and my migraines are unbearable and I feel my neck is causing them. Dezzie I have just been put on Morphine but I had the hives and itching before that and all my other meds I have been on for years and they never caused this before. Maybe when I go private I will get a lot of answers. I pray xxx

May 28, 2016 6:08 PM

I get itchy spots all the time. With EDS III i have thin skin so when i have severe itching due to Fibro...i scratch until I bleed b

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community