Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Just a vent

May 27, 2016 7:43 PM

Sigh.... short and sweet..i had a great day yesterday went to Destin with my sister and my body took a beating. I took pics and yes I posted them. So my friend and family could see. Mom all in the business about me posting. Mostly because I'm taking her control away a D plus she do t like nor understand fb.
She is worried about disability and them denying me. Yeah they could and I'm.sure they use all sort of things . However my life is already so restricted and now the one thing that made me.happy she try to damper.
I shut her down and walked away which just made her mad. And as she continued to force the argument I continued to shit it down. But it did really tick me off.

May 28, 2016 6:33 PM

I don't think anyone is commenting because they don't know what to say. At least that's why I didn't.
I can see where both of you are coming from.
I'm sorry your mom pushed and made you angry. I think in this case she was trying to help, even though it's not helpful.
I'm glad you enjoyed your outing. Sorry you got pissed on for trying to share it.

May 28, 2016 8:11 PM

I can suppose I can understand that. Sometimes it's just nothing that can be said

May 29, 2016 9:15 PM

Newfibrogirl, I am just seeing this, as I have been trying to catch up a week's posts the last day of so. I'm sorry you're outing ended with an argument with your mom. There is probably some validity to your mom's concerns with your disability. My hubby works as an investigator for a lawyer, and they constantly use stuff from public social media, including fb. But even so, none of us should feel like we can't enjoy some outings and fun now and then. Hugs & prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

May 29, 2016 9:25 PM

Flappys, thanks..I've seen your post and I'm sorry I've not responded to them. I hope your doing well since your surgery.
I agree that there are things I should be weary of.. however, I already live such a limited life and I pay a huge price for any additional activity. As we all know. So the few times I get to do something that makes me smile I hate to feel as if I'd be penalized for enjoying a small section of my life.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community