Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Just need to vent....

May 18, 2017 10:38 PM

My daughter just dumped a jumbo cup of coffee all over my laptop that has ALL my medical information, former doctor files, MRI/X-Ray/MRA/CT/Ultra Sound etc.. scans, blood and urine results everything on it. My thumb drive was plugged into it as well that got set also that is my backup. Its in a bowl of rice now. I hope that will be ok and the sugar and creamer don't fry it out. Were talking like 10 years of work to get all this data together for the past 16ish years.

I'm going nuts and had a miner seizure already from it.

May 18, 2017 10:50 PM

Oh, no! That's HORRIBLE!!! I'm so sorry. Fingers crossed. Whatever you do, do not turn it on until you are certain it is absolutely dry. Good luck

May 18, 2017 10:52 PM

Thank you. Yea we wiped it all up and it's sitting open with a fan on it. I was going to wait till Wed. Or Thur. Next week before trying to start it. Fingers crossed.

May 24, 2017 12:40 AM

Oh that's such a bummer. I'm sorry that happened. I hope you're able to get it up and running again.

May 24, 2017 1:02 AM

Oh not so good 😨 - maybe the keyboard is out of order.

But you could maybe get one of your friends to disable the PC and pick the hard disc out of it and put it in a new PC, and then continue without problems 😁

May 24, 2017 1:12 AM

Omgosh . I hope it all works out for you . If so my advice is to also put the information on a flash drive. That way you have extra back up. But hang it up on a key chain or something? . Wishing you the best

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community