Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Leg Pain

Oct 20, 2016 3:49 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions for leg pain? Specifically the calves. They always hurt, it feels like I pulled my muscles. This has been going on for months with no solution or answer.

Oct 20, 2016 3:53 PM

I get leg pain, I use heat packs or have a hot shower. That usually help, if thay doesn't work you could try massage. Anything that will get the blood circulation going is good.

Oct 20, 2016 3:54 PM

Heat helps sometimes. I've tried massage but it hurts more than it helps (unfortunately). I find stretching helps as well but only for so long.

Oct 20, 2016 4:00 PM

Is your potassium low?

Oct 21, 2016 1:44 AM

I've had really bad neuropathic leg pain since 1991. It has taken over my life. Sometimes i get very desperate indeed. Fighting this 24/7 has massave affects socially, emotionally, psychologicly and my mental health now suffers to, deep depression. Subsequently i have had to give up my career and retire.
I am exausted from coping with this, feel as i am going mad sometimes and have wanted to cut them off. I asked docs to cut my nerves in desperation. No solution but thats how overwhelming it can get. Docs wouldnt...

I use limited pain meds (as i dont want addiction again). Trancquilizers now and then as they seem to calm nerves and me.
Holisticly hot and cold water therapy calms my legs for an hour or so to allow me to drop off to sleep.but then burning legs wake me.

I will stand barefoot in garden on cold concrete or snow to freeze them. Or i have wheat bags in freezer so i wrap feet in them till my feet and legs are really cold. I must say initially that bloody hurts worse at first but does calm them. Hot bath too helps for a while as does exercise and especially swimming. Swimming in cold water for an hour is good excersize but most importantly its the only time i ever feel FREE.

Sometimes i will go all out with pills, alcohol and marajuane just to get myself so wasted that i sleep. But hey thats not a good thing to do either as we all know. If i could get it i would smoke marajuana all the time for distaction but that has its probs also. So i do all of the above seems like on a rota in moderation so at least i have something i can do.

It is awful at times and i am sick to the teeth of it. Its now in my spine shoulders and arms. The last year or so i feel like endind it as that is my only option. I wouldnt but nonetheless i feel like that.

I suppose we all have to plod on and i keep fighting and fighting but its very wearing. I am now 50 and have been fighting this trying to keep on an even keel since i was 22. Its no life. I've become very self indulgent at the cost to or from others. I am lucky as my partner stands beside me but it cant be bril for her... i wish it could be better i really do. But i'm worn out trying.
I'm rambling now. There are things we can do it just becomes a fulltime job of its own.
Wish you the very best luck and i hope you find some things that help you. Sincerest regards Gxx

Oct 21, 2016 3:38 AM

I use fibro cream and it work wonders for my legs when my meds don't help. It's not expensive I belive it $15 on Amazon.com

Oct 21, 2016 7:23 PM

I was getting calf cramps all the time until i started taking magnesium malate and potassium. Check with your doctor before starting any supplements

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community