Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Lidocaine patches

Apr 23, 2016 5:30 PM

Has anyone used lidocaine patches for burning skin pain from fibromyalgia? Did it help?

Apr 23, 2016 10:34 PM

The only thing they have ever helped with for me was shingles. I had also tried them for nerve pain on my boney shoulder and zilch. I say try everything at least once :)

Apr 23, 2016 10:39 PM

Thanks LMB,
I think I've tried about everything as well. This nerve pain is horrible.

Apr 24, 2016 12:58 AM

They haven't ever worked on my pain, but nothing really has yet. I've tried so much I feel like a guinea pig sometimes!

Apr 24, 2016 3:31 AM

I tried them last week for nerve pain and they didn't do anything for me

Apr 24, 2016 7:09 AM

Thanks Dip bop and Dliegh, I'm desperate for something to ease this burning, throbbing pain. I just can't stand it! I too have tried about everything imaginable. Seems the thing that helps me most is heat and rest. But I get so tired of the resting part. When I can, I try to walk as much as possible. I dunno. 😕

Apr 24, 2016 11:37 AM

I have used and do continue to use Flector patches. They have an NSAID in them. I also tried the very same NSAID in pill and lotion form but it did not work. Crazy right.

Apr 24, 2016 12:21 PM

Thanks LMD, And they help with burning pain, right?

Apr 26, 2016 2:18 AM

Sleeping beauty, I was giving Lidocaine patches several years ago to help with pain and other issues.. I found that they helped with topical p

Apr 26, 2016 2:27 AM

Oops... Hit send too fast.. LOL!!! I was prescribed the Lidocane and it helped me more for the burning areas. I found they did t last for very long.. __ Â

Apr 26, 2016 5:53 AM

Thanks Alwayz,
I tried them across my back, but they weren't near large enough. It did seem to help the area that was covered for a short time but I felt pain all around the area surrounding it.
I guess I would need a body wrap, lol. I can't stand that burning pain.
Just one of the things we deal with, though.....sigh. 😯😑😕😠😬😢😡😣😮😥😨😵😟😷😩

Apr 26, 2016 8:28 AM

I know ALL about being sick and tired of being sick and tired!!! I always feel so bad for not having the energy to play with my 9 yr old like he deserves! I'm on the church resting on a heating pad a LOT, I do try to struggle thru the pain so I have some type of life!

Apr 26, 2016 8:51 AM

Bone, muscle, and nerve pain all seem to need their own med or solution to the problem. Hope you feel better soon.

Apr 26, 2016 9:52 AM

Isn't that the truth! It always strikes me odd that heat feels so good to the areas that feel hot already, but it does! Thanks Kamel and Daliegh. Thank goodness for this place where we all truly understand one another.

Apr 26, 2016 9:55 AM

Now to get the docs to derstand us an stop saying it is not in their area of expertise. We are a whole human an not parts of a building. Uuuggggg

Apr 27, 2016 5:37 PM

I used Lidocaine patches until I became allergic to the adhesive that attaches it your skin. However, it took several days to start working. They provided enough relief for pain that it resulted in about a two point difference.

Apr 27, 2016 6:25 PM

Interesting, everyone. I think you have got something there, Kamel, I just wish there was something That would help my nerve pain. And everyone else here, too.
DoNamel, I developed an allergy to that adhesive, too. Wishing you all a "good" pain day!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community