Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Lupus

May 20, 2015 10:56 AM

Had anyone with Lupus experienced head numbness? I started taking Plaquenil about a month ago and it has really helped with a lot of my other symptoms just not the numbness in my head and face.

May 20, 2015 1:17 PM

Hi Scrappy. I don't have Lupus but I was diagnosed with Sjogrens, another autoimmune disease. The numbness you have, is it a symptom of Lupus or could you have trigeminal neuralgia? I have had the TN since the 90's and I have tingling and numbness symptoms. I was put on gabapentin in February and it helps the symptoms some. My doctor (rheumy) plans to start me on plaquenil if my eyes aren't damaged already. Have you had any problems taking the plaquenil? I'm sure others here can help better with your numbness question. Hope you find something to help. 🙏🌼

May 20, 2015 6:15 PM

FlappysLady81, My Dr. said TN is a possibility. I will ask him to look deeper into that! I have done pretty well on Plaquenil. It can cause some nausea at times but that has gotten better. I can't believe how much energy I've had since taking it. I have terrible fatigue and it has really helped! Thank you so much for responding 😊

May 20, 2015 6:22 PM

Thank you too. I have three things causing fatigue, Sjogrens, fibromyalgia, and hypothyroidism. Oh I'm also anemic now. So any improvement in energy is definitely something to look forward to! Have a blessed and hopefully pain free sleep tonight! 🙏🌼

Jun 07, 2015 8:19 PM

Hey Scrappy. My eyes exam was good, no existing damage to the optic nerve or I think she said fund us. She sent my rheumy doc the report so I hope to hear from her this week. Hope you are doing well.🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community