Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Lupus pain

Dec 06, 2015 7:48 AM

It sure does but this is sure the best place you can come when you need to. 🌻🙏🏻

Dec 06, 2015 7:58 AM

Any advice for self medicating for chronic back and neck pain from lupus?

Dec 06, 2015 9:10 AM

Krazyindiangirl, I wish I had some answers for you. I am sure that there are others here that suffer from lupus that could give you info on that. In my laundry list of diagnosis (DDD/DJD, Fibro, spondylosis, cervical spondalytic myelopathy, neuropathies, GERD, SI Joint disfunction with fractures, scoliosis, and many other pain causing issues). I have severe back and neck pain and I take several medications prescribed by my pain management doctor. I've had 29 surgeries in the last 22 years and several of them were on my neck, laminotomies, laminectomies, placement of a neurostimulator which had to be replaced 5 times and is currently sitting broken in my neck and they can't get it out becaus they are afraid they'll paralyze me. I hope that you can get some relief and that you find the support and information you seek from our wonderful pain family. You can always come here when things are bad or good and voice what's bothering you and there will be no judgements. We understand and we will be here to help when you need it no matter the time of day or night. Sending you gentle {{Hugs}} and prayers that you get some relief from your pain.🌻🙏🏻

Dec 06, 2015 12:02 PM

Not a problem. I know if you settle in there will be other members who will see your post and come to your aid with answers and share their experiences. Hang in there and know that I'm merely a keystroke away. 🌻🙏🏻

Dec 07, 2015 9:12 PM

Krazyindiangirl, I can relate to chronic back pain. I've had DDD, bulges, herniating, and surgery since the 90's. Now I've developed osteoarthritis, osteopenia, facet stenosis, a tear, and other issues with the spaces between the facets, and also Sjogrens, which is in the same family with lupus. I use Voltaren gel most of the time. But before that I bought OTC ointments. I have a TENS unit, hear and ice packs, and I do gentle stretches and relaxation. I've gotten so use to most of the pain that I time it out. I'm allergic to most rx pain meds & have genetic issues that interfere with meds metabolism, so that's not really an option for me. My rheumy doc gave me plaque for sjogrens, and its helped my pain a lot. Warm baths (in previous years when I could get in & out of a rib) & showers are helpful. I hope you can find a way to help your back issues. It really is hard to function when my back locks up. (((Hugs))) & prayers for less pain soon. 🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community