Well, today's the day for testing and more testing. Brain MRI this morning to figure out why my optic nerves are swollen, visual field testing, and whatever else the neuro wants to throw at me. Possibility of more IV antibiotics this week. Just waiting for care to be coordinated between the surgeons office and the infectious disease specialist. Apparently, the 5 days wasn't quite enough already(go figure). The only reason I'm doing more of them is because I would much rather have a saline lock in my hand rather then having an open wound to deal with already.
I will be praying for you Amanda. I can understand that you are way beyond frustrated with everything and just want it over with and answers as to what is going on. You are always in my daily prayer's and I will say an extra one today for you! Please keep us posted. Love gentle hugs and prayers! 😘💕
Well, from what I could see, they couldn't get a good view of the optic nerve in the left eye. Nor could they do the visual field testing on the left which doesn't surprise me at all. Just have to wait until Thursday morning when I see the opthalmologist again. MRI went well until about 7 minutes in. They had me laid flat and flat and I don't go together. Which in turn started the spasms again from L4 down to S1. Right now, resting in my bed while laundry is going. My get up and go, got up and went without me.
Ugg, so frustrating! I have a cousin who is going through a similar rough patch. She has been having a flare of Pyoderma. She has been fighting an open sore for more than a year now. She had a surgery on a vein in her leg a year ago January and she is still fighting to heal it. They have tried everything from antibiotics to extremely high doses of steroids. The steroids started to help, but then she was released to return to work and the wound opened right back up and she is back to square one and they have taken her back off work again.
Almost anything beats going to the surgeon! I chickened out on having my knee operated on in January this year. I decided to live with the pain, but then the surgery wasn't guaranteed to help either. I tore my meniscus. It's tolerable as long as the cat would keep her paws off my knee. (I think she likes to see how far under my kneecap she can push her feet)
And the testing is still not done. Have to go to eye doc on Thursday morning. I think the plan is to do more visual field testing and referral out to a corneal surgeon. A little scared at this point, but I know I don't have any other options but to do the corneal transplant. If that eye is as bad as the neuros office says it is, shouldn't have to wait too long for it.