Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

My way of living with pain!!!

Aug 18, 2017 7:18 PM

Sorry I haven't been on much....this is a follow-up from my very last comment..well I went to my doctor (Rhem)an test came back positive SLE,but he won't treat me ..he don't give his patients pain meds...So for now my regular doctor is giving me hydrocodone 7.5...I need something that gonna knock the pain out..can any body give me a name of a pain pill that really works...

Aug 18, 2017 7:27 PM

Hey Diamond5050, welcome back...forgive my naivety but what is SLE? Are there limitations
as to what your system can handle? Not that I know of anything out of the normal drugs that forbidden. All my best

Aug 18, 2017 7:31 PM

Hey Spunky,SLE is Lupus an right now I just suffer with the pain body aches in legs,knees,shoulders..like pretty much all over..

Aug 18, 2017 8:04 PM

Hi I can't belive your doctor won't treat you 🤔 I can't really comment on what pain killers could work as I don't have lupus. But I'm thinking of you and if you ever want a chat message me 💕

Aug 19, 2017 12:27 AM

Ouch! Gee just when ya had a handle on things..wham...I would help you if I could..all my best sweetie..hope you can get some rest...gentle hugs

Aug 19, 2017 12:40 AM

I asked for that and no doctor will give it to me for fibromyalgia. How did you get the doctor to prescribe that medication????

Aug 19, 2017 12:45 AM

I have lupus and Sjögren's syndrome and I was prescribed plaquenil to help with it. But it takes a few months to kick in. And I'm also on Cymbalta and nuerontin. I just started with a pain clinic but it won't be till next month when they start me on pain meds.

Aug 19, 2017 1:17 AM

😊 @Dimand5050. I'm sorry I have no idea about pain medication that will help.
Sending prayers your way
I hope you are able to find something that will ease your pain. ((Gentle hugs)) 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Aug 19, 2017 7:22 AM

MochaBagree,this was my regular doctor that perscribe me those pills..the Rhemetoglish doctor that I went to would not treat me or give me any pain pills...

Aug 19, 2017 7:25 AM

Painedlady thank you , an let me know about the pain meds how it's helping!!!!

Aug 20, 2017 6:17 PM

That's a tough one. Your dr may keep you on your current regiment if the specialist doesn' think you need treatment. You may not want to ask for pain medications by name, as they can label you a drug seeker. It's always best to explain your symptoms to the doctor and let them come up with a treatment plan. Good luck.

Aug 20, 2017 9:04 PM

Yes I know my regular doctor won't prescribe it for me. Diamond5050

Aug 24, 2017 9:20 AM

The rheumatologist I saw told me he doesn’t prescribe any meds for fibromyalgia at all. He told me it should be treated with diet and exercise (which I’ve been doing for years), which I agree with. But, when doing natural things isn’t helping that much and there’s pain, why not offer medication? He told me he only treats patients with RA or SLE. My primary will now follow me for fibromyalgia but I’m not sure she will prescribe anything either. Medical care is a big circus. I hope you can find someone who can help you out.

Aug 25, 2017 6:21 PM

LAT thank you It's so hard when all good people have to hurt an bad people still get to do all they evil work...but we all gonna pull through this together..I hope you can get help with your pain an aches as well ,stay prayed up...🙏🙏

Aug 27, 2017 11:52 AM

Have you looked into getting a pain specialist? The reasons many doctors won't prescribe stronger pain meds is because of 3 letters, DEA. They are no longer allowed to prescribe pain medications, even if they are a specialist of some kind. The DEA is coming down hard on doctors who aren't pain specials prescribing pain medications

It is now heavily regulated and they prefer that pain specialists write for those medications. I'm sorry you're going through all this and I hope this helps.

(also I'm glad that one doctor is willing to give your hydrpcodone but unfortunately that's about the farthest they can go (unless they went up to 10mg...but that's not going to help much.) when you go the pain specialist they'll put you on an extended release with an instant release (such as the hydrpcodone) for breakthrough pain.(most likely) as well as other courses of treatment.

I used to be terrified of going to the pain specialist. Now I often think how much different my life would have been great I started 13 years ago when all this horrific pain began. As it is I've obit been under the care of pain specialist for 3-4 years and it has changed my life.

I hope this helps

Aug 27, 2017 2:15 PM

Elle33 thank So much this help out a lot,an I'm glade that it has done wonder with your pain...I am going to ask my regular doctor to see if he can seem me to a pain specialist...🌹

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community