Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

neck pain

Jul 27, 2016 2:19 PM

I sometimes have these horrible headaches and I am very crabby and verbally violent and quite belligerent and stubborn I cry for hours very loud and disturbing my neighbours and I get complaints over a medical condition and that's not fair!

Jul 27, 2016 7:47 PM

Jskunky, do you have behaviour modification with a psychologist, as part of your coping abilities to your chronic illnesses? It's their job to help us to find healthy ways of expressing ourselves (anger, depression, happiness, frustration, or pain) without infringing on the space of other people's lives. I've had to go through it, and many others here have as well. It is very good therapy.

Jul 27, 2016 8:10 PM

I see a psychiatrist and I have behavior and living coaches known as caregivers who help me with both behavioral training and have counseling and training me to be independent, I rent my own apartment and I am being trained to behave in an appropriate manner and I have psychological benefits with my caregivers as well once again I do see a psychiatrist and he has helped tremendously and I appreciate that and I'm on the road to be a well off as possible! Thank you for your concerns, I appreciate so much! Do you know how much that means to me? It means a lot! I hope to hear from you again and have a great day and best wishes!!!

Jul 27, 2016 9:11 PM

That's good to hear. Hopefully as time passes, with more experience & training you will be able to express your pain without disrupting others. The pain does seem to be so severe that we don't even realize how our behaviour looks to others, me included. My hubby tells me he knows when my pain is worse because I'm more grumpy. My behaviour training has been focusing on not letting my pain make me be snappy with him or others. We are the same in that, suffering chronic pain. I just don't have the autism & other social skill challenges you do. Just remember that no one is perfect, and we all struggle. So if you slip up and disturb a neighbor, just apologize and try to explain to them, just like you have with us. Who knows, you may find even more support close by, as well as on here. Hugs love & prayers your night is as pain free as possible! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jul 27, 2016 9:21 PM

Aww how sweet and kind of you to say those encouragements thank you and I shall be h happy clam to do so! With hugs love and God's blessings to you and everybody else! I highly appreciate your complements hope to hear from you again and best wishes!!!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community