Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Need advice

Aug 14, 2017 4:41 PM

Hi everyone 😊 okay so I decided to let yesterday be in the past and focus on today . To help me with day to dy living. Well I need advice on how do I let something that happened yesterday stay in the past of yesterday when the same thing happend today ect..

I hope I made sense of what I need advice on. As I am not good with explaining.

Thank you all in advance

Aug 14, 2017 4:52 PM

I don't really have any great advice as I struggle with that myself! But your doing great and I'm really proud of how well you are doing 💕💕😊

Aug 14, 2017 9:57 PM

@Little Lola. Thank you 😊😊 ❤ 💜 I appreciate that

Aug 14, 2017 10:44 PM

I think that you just need to live each day as if it is a new day! Sometimes the same things will happen but you just need to move forward. Just try and think positive! 😊 I hope that this helps.

Aug 15, 2017 2:01 AM

Things often repeat themselves, especially when we don't want them to! I think you're doing a great job to want to leave yesterday behind and live each day. I would say to break that down a bit more...each hour is a new hour. What happened this morning was this morning. I know it sounds easier than it is to do. This is something I am also learning to do. Otherwise by the end of the day I am just too overwhelmed by everything that's happened.

Aug 15, 2017 8:42 AM

I think it's how we react to what happens to us daily that makes the change.... like if someone says something hurtful to us yesterday and we react by being bummed or saying something negative back, if they are hurtful again today and we react by saying something caring or just let it roll off our back that's the change. And maybe they'll see the difference in you and change themselves so that tomorrow is even better.

Aug 15, 2017 8:58 AM

This was a good topic because I'm trying to do the same thing but mines is reversed. I always got turned down for insurance for years now and didn't get proper healthcare that now I have insurance and an awesome doctor that my anxiety is something negative will happen. So I try to stay even more positive because I don't want to jinx anything. And if I did have anything negative happen I try to just let it go. My motto is embrace positivity and repel negativity. But You are doing great Westrengirl, hugs your way 💜

Aug 15, 2017 11:15 AM

Thank you everyone. You all was very helpful and I learn a lot from you all. I really appreciate the support and loves from everyone. Hugs to everyone. 😊😊😊😊❤💜💓💕

Aug 16, 2017 8:46 PM

Westrengirl, some people write it on a piece of paper--what it was, how you felt and then to say something final about it..such as Now it's done and over..or I let it go and think no more about this "argument" or whatever...
Take paper, crunble it up and throw it away...once it's tossed..done with it and magically never think about again..

I'm not saying it works just that's what some people have done...
Good luck...all my best

Aug 17, 2017 6:56 AM

I do the same as spunky, when I'm feeling overwhelmed I wrote in a diary of sorts now and when the week is over I take those diary pages out to my burn barrel and burn them. It helps a great deal to watch all those problems just burn and know that it's long forgotten. I NEVER go back and re-read the old problems.. I just close the book when done until it's time to burn them.

Aug 17, 2017 12:12 PM

@Spunky. Okay Thank you. I'll try that. ☺

Aug 17, 2017 12:14 PM

@Sjogrenspain Thank you. ☺

Aug 18, 2017 2:22 PM

Hey BrokenBlossoms now that's real advice and practical way of dealing with a situation to end...
Thanks for sharing

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community