Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

nerve cautrization day surgery

Sep 24, 2014 12:12 AM

Does anybody have any information and statsics on the procedure that introduces needles into specfic areas of pain to quaterize the nerves, alledgedly allowing depending on success for anywhere between 6 months to 3yrs of pain releif. I was orginally gunho to try it as starting to get desperate and dont want fusion due to risk of ASD, but lately have been hearing that most people have found that it makes things worse. Thanks Tala....any other treatment suggestions would also help, currently on varied narcotics and they are losing effectiveness.

Sep 24, 2014 8:31 PM

what you may want to try first is nerve blocking. it is pretty much the same only does not last as long. if that helps you then the likelihood is nerve cauterization would be successful for you. I've had several laminotomies in my cervical spine so inflammation of the nerves would not be compressed as badly and ease the pain. I have degenerative joint/disc disease so unfortunately the vertebrae are breaking down severely. I have been using pain meds and also trying the nerve blocks. my next step is going to be nerve cauterization. best of luck.

Sep 28, 2014 8:12 PM

The DR'S WANT TO DO THAT TO ME TO AND FUSHION OF MY SACRUM IT SCARES ME BUT THE PAIN IM IN NOW IS EXTREME AND I NEED SOME HOPE

Jan 07, 2016 9:30 AM

I just had right side nerve ablation and it didn't work for me even when the numbing tests worked .I believe it didn't work due to old technic used on me there is a new technic used now I think that one would work better since it's not just 4 needles being used burning your tissue muscle
HOPE IT WORKS IF YOU GO THROUGH IT.

Jan 07, 2016 9:35 AM

Just a note to anyone reading this thread... Someone is using my old account name (KathyA1965) and is even using my pain diagram from when I first came on here. Just know that it is NOT me and I'm going to find out who it is that hacked my old account and blocked me out of it.. I'll keep you posted. {{{Hugs}}} and prayers that you're all having a good day with less pain. 💕🙏🏻🌻

Jan 07, 2016 3:47 PM

AlwayZ, report it to administration! 😷🙏🌼

Jan 07, 2016 4:10 PM

Wow! That's shocking! Alwayz hope you get it straightened out!!/we will be watching out!/love ,Terri

Jan 08, 2016 12:28 PM

I will get it straight. When I saw the screen name I clicked it and it was MY diagram and I had been unable to get into that account any more and that was why I had made this one. I'm going to flag the post and have the administrator take care of it.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community