Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Nerve pain

Dec 19, 2016 7:17 PM

Best weapons against nerve pain ladies n gentlemen..meds or no meds..i found ultram helpful lyrica to but nasty side effects thats bout it kratom helped alot

Dec 19, 2016 9:42 PM

I'm on a combination of zomorph mst (slow release morphine) 20mg am/30mg pm and Amitriptyline 110mg pm, which normally keeps my pain bearable but I'm in a flare so I also take paracetamol 500mg 2 tablets 4 × a day and naproxen 500mg 1 tablet 2 × a day.
I'm battling Trigeminal Neuralgia which is severe nerve pain in all 3 branches of the trigeminal nerve (ear, jaw & cheek area and in &around the eye area) in the left side of my face which I have almost constantly with a muscular pain constantly underneath and I have Trigeminal Neuralgia in 2 of the branches of the trigeminal nerve (ear and cheek & jaw) in the right side of my face which I get intermittently with muscular pain almost constantly as well.

I have tried to all the first line of meds.....pregabline, carbamezapine, gabapentine and another one beginning with an "O" but can't remember the name of it.....but none of them worked for me and gave me all the side affects! 😔
Distraction can help, I like colouring an adult colouring bkok or a patterned colouring book.
Each person person is different and it's a long journey of finding what works and what doesn't work for you personally.

Hope you have a great day xx

Dec 19, 2016 9:58 PM

Ya i smoke erb and take tylenol n 200 mg of ultram thats bout it best i can do is paint and excersise makes it worse but mentally im more able to hak it theres times i wanna cut my legs off

Dec 20, 2016 12:31 PM

My paresthesias & neuropathies were awful until I was put on gabapentin. Now it's bearable.

Dec 20, 2016 4:16 PM

Someone's told me to try CBD oil but I'm not sure about it, I need to look into it more before I consider it properly.
I don't smoke and absolutely hate the smell and taste of it and I hate the smell of weed. I tried weed when I was 16 when I was very drunk and it had no affect, I was already a very happy drunk and always got the munchies at that stage so it didnt do anything for me apart from the horrible taste in my mouth the next day!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community