Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

neuropathy

Jul 18, 2016 8:50 PM

I feel like a police officer is shooting me with a taser gun and it does not feel nice, it's down right painful and unbearable. And sometimes excruciating pain happens!!!

Jul 18, 2016 8:53 PM

If anyone else is in the same boat I'm in, we're all together!!! Let's talk about it!

Jul 18, 2016 9:05 PM

I have a question. Why did you specifically say you felt you were being shot by a police officer with a taser? Why didn't you just say you feel like you are being tasered? I've never been tasered so i wouldn't know how it feels so i have nothing to compare what you said to. I have electrocuted myself plugging things in, is being tasered similar?
Isn't there enough hate in the world right now that we don't need to bring it here too? If that wasn't your intent with your statement i apologize but it sure read that way to me.

Jul 18, 2016 9:16 PM

I apologize I didn't mean to upset you but I have when I was at Napa State Hospital and they shot me with like three of them. Let's just put it this way have you spent a week in a power pole wire for fifteen years trapped in live wire electrocuting you now that or the ice bucket if you could picture that better that is what it feels like
The ice bucket

Jul 18, 2016 9:18 PM

Have you been trapped in an ice bucket

Jul 18, 2016 9:20 PM

Ice buckets if you sit in them them too long will be excruciating and best bet me a comment!

Jul 18, 2016 10:16 PM

Have you or loved ones suffer from neuropathy I'm here to answer your questions and I'll be glad to support I am suffering and I am not a doctor but would like to help you cope I've been coping for 15+years I would be happy to give you my insights and coping skills I've done which are quite unique but very effective and I've been through it all I hurt but I distract myself the key is to distract yourself do anything constructive you like help yourself or others either one of the two nothing else anything that's good, just do it like Nike says, Just Do It! Any thing positive Just Do It!!!

Jul 18, 2016 10:21 PM

Oh, and encourage others to pass on encouragement and so on, express it like your feelings and it will be more effective in regards to all from Jskunky

Jul 18, 2016 11:47 PM

How about you introduce yourself and explain your diagnosis and what it is and how it feels and then explain your coping methods in detail. Then if someone has a question on something you wrote they will ask. This group has had several people trying to sell things which is not welcome here and asking people to contact you looks suspicious. I suggest starting a new post, posting once in as clear of English as you can (i can't follow what you are trying to say in most of what you wrote here) and waiting for responses. A lot of us have been dealing with our conditions a very long time and know that what helps one person can cause more damage to another

Jul 19, 2016 5:39 AM

Please don't call trying to sell me things that doesn't work! Instead use your imagination think of ants carrying pain out of you into the ant hill where the ants eat away the pain and do this for at least 15minutes 2X Daily and as needed and hopefully things will get better. I do it and it works for me, try and see how it works and let me know!

Jul 19, 2016 5:43 AM

Leave fake products alone and use my method and see from the post I just left a few minutes ago.

Jul 19, 2016 6:07 AM

Just meditate the pain away!

Jul 19, 2016 6:35 AM

Excuse me for the way I sounded to you, please! Just concentrate and relax away the pain and try to soak your feet in some warm water you might feel better than before just try this as needed and it does a world of wonderful favors and for me I do it when I can not find any relief. It doesn't just work it also relaxes me. You should try it all you need is a large bucket and warm water and a towel and then just try soaking your feet in the bucket of warm water and tell how it works. Please give me feedback on how it works!

Jul 19, 2016 6:57 AM

And I apologize how I sounded like I had been selling any products! NO it's just a phrase NOT a sale, ONLY a phrase that I have heard about that but I DO NOT mean to offend you can you forgive me for the way I sounded! I don't sell things!!! I may buy and donate but I do sell and I do won't even do a yard sale and that is a risk of people stealing and that is not nice I hate it and I am so sorry for using that phrase that I said in one of the previous messages and thanks for telling as it is!

Jul 19, 2016 7:11 AM

Oh my name is Judith Kleen a fellow neuropathy sufferer and I have peripheral neuropathy. And I forgot to introduce myself I'm a user of this app Catchmypain for pain management and it gets my mind off pain which is great what is your name mine is Judith Kleen and I am 43 years old.

Jul 19, 2016 7:25 AM

I'm still learning the ropes on this app please list the rules, thanks Judith "Jsklunky"!

Jul 19, 2016 7:30 AM

Excuse the misspelled username this is Judith Kleen also known as Jskunky

Jul 19, 2016 8:18 AM

Whoops excuse for angering you maybe I should be a bit more careful about what and how I say things and what to say it is quite hard when I have as much pain as I have I get goofed up and sidetracked by the issues caused by the pain I'm in!!!

Jul 19, 2016 9:08 AM

Wow are you excitable. Why don't you do some meditation and try to relax. All I said was that asking for people to contact you looks suspicious. I didn't accuse you of anything. And we all live in different address of the world so it takes time for people to reply. Personally I'm not on here all the time. Sometimes not for days so responses are not immediate.
It says your first post after mine was 4:39am. Well I sure wasnt on my phone then and I should be sleeping now since it's 8 and I work the late shift

Jul 19, 2016 9:27 AM

I think the reason people did not post any questions, comments, reply or even a welcome to you is the tone of your post and repeated postings came accross very aggressive. With all the violence in the world we come here for comfort and support not confrontations. With all that being said, I will just sit back and see how things go from here. Thank you gotobef you are right on point.

Jul 19, 2016 9:33 AM

Hello Judiith welcome to the community. Perhaps filling out ur profile would help other users to get to know u.... and perhaps less is more while u getto know us. Does that sound ok?

Jul 19, 2016 10:25 AM

Sounds great like music to my ears!!! Thank you for asking me to do so! You'll see the pain I'm in and I'll see how you cope with pain so we can come up with a game plan for the community, again thank you that's music to my ears!

Jul 19, 2016 12:02 PM

Jskunky, you are welcome in the community if you truly want to be here to get & gain support. But if your intentions are to sell yourself or products & methods you use as everyone's"cure all," then we don't need that. There have already been too many that have been shut out of the app for those very reasons.

We are a diverse group of people, with varying diagnosed, from all over the world. The one thing we all have in common is that we all suffer from one or many chronic pain conditions. Everyone welcomes suggestions, because who knows what does or doesn't work until we try it. And everyone also needs support from time to time, given by comments, prayers, sending positive energy, virtual hugs, etc. Many of us offer suggestions from our own personal experiences, or by those were know that have been through it. We even enjoy lightening the mood by sharing good stories, jokes, songs, etc. If this is what you need, to belong, contribute, gain/give support, we welcome you to our community family!

Personally speaking only for myself, I am offended to your comparing your neuropathies to being tased buy a cop. I'm 54 yo, married 34+ years, to a retired cop who gave 28 years of service to our community. That service did not just include patrolling streets, writing tickets, and making arrests. It required sacrifice of personal time with family. It required 24-48 hours on duty during crises, whether man made or natural disasters, going without sleep. It required handing out food & water during a horrific flood of surrounding counties, helping battered women and abused children find safe places to go, giving rides to stranded people, or food, clothing, or money to the homeless. And yes it required him taking the life of a man who's intention was to harm others. What the media didn't see our care about was the emotional turmoil an action like that can have on an officer. They were only interested in "sensationalizing" the story, not the facts. My son in law also works to serve & protect.

Before you or anyone else judge me as being "pro-cop," let me assure you I am not. I stand for what is right, just, and true. There have been several incidences where I have stated a cop used excessive force or made rash judgement & reactions. In America we are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, and that is why we have courts. In the last decade I have watched as our country has become more volatile, pitting one against another, not caring what's right or wrong, or about courts determining guilt or innocence. It's as if we are suddenly returning to the old West days where there was no law & order because if someone's offended they immediately retaliate without due process of law, be it physical violence or social media. It's sad! There is little to no respect for not only our country's police forces but also our military. Their duties are very similar; one protects us in our country, while the other protects us outside our country's borders. They are both required to to stand in the line of fire for others to get to safety, and at times give their life or take another. Neither is done without their own personal mental, emotional, & physical address they carry the rest of their life. As for the use of tasing, or even pepper spray, most cops are required to be sprayed or tased during training, before being allowed to carry these devices they may have to use on others. They do not take these actions flippantly. For every 1 cop who makes a bad decision, a wrong choice, a careless action, there are at least 50 good cops or more. They are required to make a judgement call in an instant. They do not typically have time to sit back and weigh their options. So yes, I am offended by you poor choice of words, comparing being"tased by a cop" to neuropathy pain. To me that one comment said you are anti-cop, regardless of their actions, right or wrong. Next time you feel a need to call for help, call Ghostbusters. If every cop in this nation choose to strike right now I can't say I would blame them. It would put us under martial law...enjoy that!

Jul 19, 2016 12:24 PM

I apologize to all for my rant. But this one comment brought to the surface things I'd like to say in public. Only I have to remember there are those out there who would choose to retaliate against a cops family, just to get back at a cop for arresting them, or giving them a ticket. I hate what our nation and world is coming to. Let me just add that I also have family members who committed crimes and paid the price.

It is not in my nature to rant, nor be negative or hurtful. So if I've offended anyone I do apologize, including to you Jskunky. If it's your desire to be part of the community I will be as helpful & supportive to you as I am to all. My grandmother always said, "There are 3 sides to every story; side one versus side two, and then the truth. It's all in how each one's perfection is." Maybe I perceived Jskunky's comment wrong. If so I apologize. Hugs love & prayers for all to have a good day! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jul 19, 2016 12:47 PM

I except your topology and God bless you and I'll pray for all of this community who is here together as a team for each other again God bless all of you I God's name Amen!!!

Jul 19, 2016 12:50 PM

Awwhh thank you, God bless you I love what you have said with all of your heart geewizz!!! How sweet!

Jul 19, 2016 12:54 PM

And God bless you with all of MY HEART!!! @@@$$$:):):):):) :):);););):);););););););););););];);););)

Jul 19, 2016 2:23 PM

Thank you for teaching me the ropes of this app I kindly apologize for any offenses I now know. How's your day been so far mine has been pretty good so far as I know.

Jul 19, 2016 4:24 PM

Apology accepted & thank you. Being I'm in the midst of a fibro flare, today has been better than previous day's. My flares usually don't last as long as many others here.

I've had neuropathies from neck surgeries, due to disc injuries, in '92 & '95. I also have fibromyalgia, sjogrens, & hypothyroidism, of which neuropathy is a symptom in all. I've heard CTS in both hands since '88, and had surgery on the right a few years back. I have left & feet neuropathies also from lumbar disc issues. Other than wearing splints or using pain ointments, and gabapentin, I have learned to accept my neuropathies are here to stay. For the most part I can ignore them, until they're really bad.

What's the cause of your neuropathies, and how do you deal with them?

Jul 19, 2016 5:07 PM

Diabetic neuropathy and cervical spondylosis which is arthritis, evil evil evil combination

Jul 21, 2016 3:19 PM

The causes of my pain is diabetes type 2 and cervical spondylosis and unknown cause and that can be a real drag!!!

Jul 21, 2016 4:27 PM

Jskunky, I don't have diabetes but I have various issues all down my spine. OA, DDD, facet, foramen, & spinal canal stenosis, added to the neuropathy, fibromyalgia, and many other conditions responsible for chronic pain. You have to try and not focus on the pain, but instead find things you enjoy to occupy your minds and time. Do enjoyable hobbies, or do something to help someone else, anything to keep your focus off your pain. Hugs & prayers you have a good weekend! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jul 21, 2016 6:37 PM

Thanks to all of you, my new family it's so much easier for me because of the ideas and different ways different people deal with pain I can get a combination of these things and deal with pain much better than I have before I learned so much from this community that I can not thank you enough but to say you are blessings from God and healing hands of the Lord, thank you!

Jul 21, 2016 6:41 PM

I talking to my caregiver to get sidetracked and distracted so I cannot feel pain and I am not having too much pain as I used to!??

Jul 21, 2016 7:02 PM

Yes, neuropathic pain is a vicious cruel enemy that won't let go.
As Flappys writes distraction seems to be one of the best methods we have. I do not have Diabetes, do have severe nerve pain. When it gets really bad I cannot cope, so I try all kinds of ways to make it not go there. You're a Pain Warrior,too.

Jul 21, 2016 9:14 PM

Awwh thank you and that has been coming true in fact I've learned through various books apps games and toys and my favorite... The YoYo and that is the way to distract anyone else who tries it too!!! anything, any hobbies activities and social groups, media and circles will control your pain and I have found out it's true! And that is a cure all for any sickness and that's the truth and that and this app and this new family is how I became a pain warrior! Thank you and God bless you!!!

Jul 22, 2016 11:24 AM

Oohooohooh ahh I am pain free today and I love it you are so nice to be able to make me a true pain warrior who was got the bull's eye on pain today and I am so happy to be with you who are my family now and being my family is the only way I can really say thank you!!! You've been there for me on my ups and downs and that is what family is what a family is there for and that is who you know are and that preoccupied me by what you've taught me so now I have 0, zero pain what so ever NO pain!!! THANK YOU, GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY WEEKEND!!!

Jul 23, 2016 11:36 PM

Moderator, are you seeing this thread? I agree that several of JSkunky's comments have been inappropriate. Thank you.

Jul 23, 2016 11:41 PM

Uh whoops let me know what I said and I'll avoid that later, thanks! There are some things I need to work on please let me know what I said that was inappropriate, I'd be pleased. Thanks

Jul 24, 2016 10:05 AM

I think I have an idea what I said that was inappropriate so I'll avoid using those sayings and try to work on better manners but I am also a person who has autism spectrum disorder it is a challenge to use appropriate social skills and that is my weak spot, my weak spot happens to be social skills so let me know what I have said so I have to add it to my don't use list I'd appreciate, thanks for this message and have a pleasant day

Jul 24, 2016 9:29 PM

I've checked all of my conversations with others and... A big whoops, I really need to work on my comments and I mean seriously I now see why they complain! So I'll definitely get it together and think twice about what I post on the app so let me work on the issues with communications so it is able to be worked out! Thanks

Jul 26, 2016 9:03 AM

Jskunky, Thank you for explaining your use of word issues; your autism spectrum disorder & lack of social skills. Speaking for myself, when I read your posts it seems (1) your use of words were strange, like they didn't fit as a response to someone else's comment, (2) you suddenly seem strangely upbeat about everyone's comments, which sometimes again doesn't fit what another person said (especially if their comment wasn't upbeat or positive). And (3) your comments sometimes seem to respond as if the person who posted previously were speaking directly to you, rather than posting to everyone in general; in other words they were just starting their opinion to all, not to a specific member of the community.

Normally if we are speaking directly to another member we start our conversation with @ followed by the users name, like my example below:

@ Jskunky, Thank you for your explanation. I think it will help all of us understand your word misuseage. I hope this helps everyone be a little more comfortable, and hopefully helpful in a way to guide you when you do misstate something, use the wrong words. And I hope you won't be offended as we try to help you with your wording.

Hugs love & prayers for everyone to have a good day today! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jul 26, 2016 9:26 AM

@ FlappsysLady81

Jul 26, 2016 10:52 AM

Thanks bunches with all my heart!

Jul 31, 2016 5:16 PM

No I will not be offended by word corrections and helping with my wording in fact I would highly appreciate so I can learn social skills and that will be a huge blessing and thanks for your help God bless you hope to hear from you soon best wishes!!!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community