Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

new...

Oct 02, 2015 8:38 PM

Evening I decided to write after reading a few posts. I was in a car accident the day after christmas 2014 where I was forced off the road loosing vehicle control I smashed backward into a tree. The other vehicle didn't stop. I was taken to hospital via ambulance. Ct scans showed fractured L1. After about a month and a half of complaining about neck pain an mri showed paturding c3&4-c6&7. After 10 weeks my employer required I return and I began physical therapy which in my opinion made things worse. Nearly a year later and I have been told there are degenerative changes but being a "no fault" case no one seems concerned with making the pain even lessen. I've been to neurologist had brain mri and nerve conduction. All came back normal. Working 40 hours a week when most days I can not use my right arm or hand and some days I can't support my head on my neck. I had been trying to keep track of my pain throughout the day with what the day brought but writing most days is cut short after 3 words.. Glad I found this app

Oct 02, 2015 8:51 PM

Hello cupcak,welcome!! I too was in a car accident in 2013. I had just about every test known to man which showed nothing. It can get very frustrating. I have chronic pain, tmjd, depression and anxiety. If there is anything you need to know , just ask and I'm sure somebody can help. God speed:)

Oct 02, 2015 9:00 PM

Welcome Cupcak3. I'm sorry to hear your accident. Have you gone to get a second or third opinion? You have something going on if you can't hold your head up. See an orthopedist if you haven't already. I don't want to scare you but when discussing my neck issues the doc told us about a patient wasn't able to support their head any longer. They had to do emergency surgery because his nerves were being pinched and he was on verge of being paralyzed. I had no idea "not being able to hold up your head" was a problem until then. I hope you will find as much support and suggestions as i have. You'll be in my prayers. 🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community