Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New

Oct 04, 2015 11:16 PM

I'm new to these forums. I have fibromyalgia. I've recently been switched from gabapentin to Lyrica. The gabapentin made me too tired. I think Lyrica is better in that it doesn't make me tired. My doctor just increased the dose to 100mg and I'm hoping I don't need another increase. I try to be as active as I can. I live in the country with my family, flock of chickens, three dogs, and a garden to care for. My goal is to reduce my pain through a combination of exercise and medication. I walk short distances, now, about 15-20 minute walks two or three times per day. I clean my house as much as I can (hubby helps me there), and gardening outside. I hope to increase my walks length and distance so that at some point I can try hiking.

Oct 04, 2015 11:19 PM

I'm not sure how to edit my posts. I meant to say I try to take two to three walks per week not per day.

Oct 05, 2015 12:01 AM

Welcome Pubhub! It's good that you're staying as active as possible. They say exercise and activity is good for fibro, and I know I felt much better before I had to stop exercises last year. Now I'm slowly trying to be active again. My daughter's boyfriend gave me a treadmill and I try to walk 10-20 min a day but it seems it's more like I rest 1 for every 2-3 days I walk. I hope you enjoy the community. I've learned so much and made so many close relationships. No one is judgemental, so you can rant, cry, or share joy or info. Good luck and blessed you! Oh, don't mind typos too much... We all have them! Lol 🙏🌼

Oct 05, 2015 12:09 AM

Thanks!

Oct 06, 2015 7:47 PM

Sounds like you are at least doing some good for yourself, keep up the walking.

Oct 11, 2015 10:42 AM

I am doing yoga and is the best for me. Is a very good exercise for both body and mind!

Oct 11, 2015 11:03 AM

I am new as well. I too, tried Gabbapentin with no success. I'm on Lyrica as well. I am taking 150mg x3 per day, with lots of pains still present. Its been a struggle with pills to find a balance. Im waiting for a new pill to level itself in me before my lyrica can be increased.
Im currently not working because of the heaviness of my job. So im trying to stay active. Good to hear you are active too.

Oct 11, 2015 11:41 AM

Welcome Marnie! I get stuff when I just sit too long. I know I've read several articles, and my rheumy doc said keeping as mobile as possible is best for coping, and for not losing strength and muscle. She said exercise releases endorphins that counter pain signals. Good luck everyone! 🙏🌼

Oct 11, 2015 4:48 PM

Welcome Puphub and Marnie. Welcome to our community family. You have found a really great place to come when you need to talk, cry, vent and ask questions. You need not worry about saying sorry or feeling badly if you complain because we all sure do understand about chronic pain and all that comes with it. (Both emotional and physical). I am sorry y'all are here just for the simple fact that it means you are suffering. I have been in pain for 22 years and have had 28 surgeries and many of my joints no longer exist. I have DDD, DJD, CRPS/RSD, TMJ, Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy, Costochondritis, Scoliosis, Moderate Lordosis, SI Joint Dysfunction with Fractures, Cervical Spondalytic Myelopathy, Spinal Stenosis, GERD, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Depression, Bilateral Valgus Deformitiies of the Knees, and approximately another 6-8 other diseases. I hope that this app and community are helpful to the both of you and that you find the support and information that you need. Always remember that you are never alone. There will always be someone here to come to the rescue when you need it. I wish you all the best and you'll be in my prayers. 🌻🙏🏻

Oct 13, 2015 9:37 PM

Welcome to the family PubHub! I usually just sit quietly and read along but am trying to get more involved, really for my own sanity! Many of us share the same issues such as our favorite "umbrella term" Fibro, and like most with Fibro, there are other conditions we have as well. My most taxing condition is Intracranial Hypertension (brought on by an allergic reaction to doxycycline) which causes very severe migraines, vertigo and some double vision. While none of us can fix your pain or relieve you from your pain, this is a great place to share, vent, cry, scream and shout because we really do understand. 😊 so welcome to the Club! I may not post every day, but you and everyone here are always in my prayers! (((HUGS)))

Oct 14, 2015 9:07 AM

I found that the following 3 medications taken together help 1)gab or lyrica 2)naproxin or another anti-inflam 3)roboxin or another muscle relaxer.

I use to be bedridden - now i can function

If i do do something like shop i put a heating pad on in the car, come home take hot shower and put TENS machine on (also sometimes shop with TENS machine)

Oct 14, 2015 11:10 AM

Welcome. You have a great attitude and I pray things continually improve for you 😊

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community