Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New

Jan 05, 2016 4:00 PM

I am being treated in psychotherapy for PTSD and Borderline Personality Disorder. Started discussing my fatigue, memory problems, headaches, body aches and now I'm being sent to a neurologist. Been seeing Dr's since I was 9 about back, hip and pelvic pain only to go through exams, x-rays, chiropractic and massage therapy only to be told they can't find a problem. Nervous about the neurologist, but tired of not being as capable as I know I can be (on my good days).

Jan 05, 2016 10:32 PM

Hi Gudgurl, don't make yourself worry about the neuro, if anything you'll get some type of answer. At least you are being heard and something is being done. ..that's what you need. You will be in my thoughts as you go to the dr. I wish you the best

Jan 05, 2016 10:57 PM

Welcome GudGurl! I have met a lot of people with PTSD because I was in the military and its a common thing for veterans so I understand how hard it is on a daily basis to get through the day! I don't know much about borderline personality disorder but please know there are many people here that are willing to talk of you're willing to open the doors to it. I have found a lot of relief from this app because I have CRPS and its hard finding people in person that have it to talk to. I know you'll find this useful too! I'm sending you positive vibes!

Jan 05, 2016 11:12 PM

So much appreciated :-) I look forward to interacting with understanding minds.

Jan 06, 2016 10:53 AM

Welcome GudGurl! This is a great community filled with so many supportive, knowledgeable, and open hearted people. You're never alone here. I'm sorry you have PTSD & borderline personality disorder. My sis was dx with that as a teenager, but now in her 50's has been recognised and is not BPD. Others on here who are will be great support for you to talk with. I like to think of this community as a very large expansion of wonderful friends/family. I hope settle in well as you learn of us, and we learn of you.

I started suffering memory issues about 6-7 years ago, while working. I as dx with fibromyalgia in 2012, but has symptoms as far back as 2008. But the past 2 years both I and my family has noticed other things regarding my memory and functioning. I went through Neuro testing in Jan 2015, after a 2012 & 2014 MRI slowed changes in my brain. I've been dx with memory loss/dementia. I try not to worry about it because the stress will only make it worse. I started playing mind games to help, like Sudoku, and recently Scrabble. We were playing with granddaughters and I kept having to ask my hubby how to spell 4-5-6 letter words; I also could not add up scores on paper or in my head; I needed a calculator. It really upset me! My hubby often has to fill in blanks for me mid-conversation. My rheumy doc said some of this is from the fibro fog, and she is who helped my hubby realize I can't help these things.

Hopefully you will be able to get much needed answers from your doc visit. Be patient because it took me several months to get answers. And always be open to getting a second or even third opinion. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! (((Hugs))) 😷🙏🌼

Jan 06, 2016 12:39 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience. My once sharp quick-witted mind, at only 29, has slowed exponentially. I get stuck mid-conversation with a "deer in headlight" look because I can't recall a word or simply forgot what I was saying. This happens regularly. I have to write EVERYTHING down as I think of it (schedules, to do lists, grocery items) otherwise it will be forgotten by the next breathe. Between fog, fatigue, pain and numbness... I'm pretty agitated with my bodily deterioration as of recent.

On another note, I was dx as bipolar at 16. Over the years they kept treating me as such. Until one day stopped listening to them and started listening to my gut! I began seeing another facility where 12 years after my initial dx, I was evaluated by multiple professionals and provided with a much more accurate dx. I am now on less medication and doing better emotionally.

Jan 06, 2016 8:17 PM

That's great about being re-evaluated. My therapist said that many teens free misdiagnosed every year. I understand the frustration about memory issues, and the deterioration. I was almost perfectly healthy until 2010, except for DDD & OA & IBS & GERD. All the major stuff has hit and instead of 54 I feel 64, or even 74 at times. We are here for each other because we all can understand & relate. 😷🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community