Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New

Apr 22, 2016 4:36 PM

Im new to this app i have fibromyalgia osteo arthritis sciatica chrohns disease type 2 diabetic depression had chronic pain for several years now this past 6 months has been the worst ever i take gabapentin morphine amytriptyline which takes the edge of i am 41 married with 4 grown children and 6 grandchildren and 1 on the way i hate pain with a passion

Apr 22, 2016 6:05 PM

Welcome to our community family Kazza74! I'm sorry you have these issues. I don't have Crohns or diabetes, but I have the rest, IBS-C and more. So I understand the frustration, exhaustion, depression, anxiety, and the fear of "what's next.". Im 54, married, 2 children, 1(+3 step) grandchildren, and my loving dog. I've had many conditions like OA, DDD, TMJD, etc for 25+ years. But fibro hit in 2007-2008, followed quickly but sjogrens hypothyroidism and too many others to list. I've found that taking it one day at a time, one step at a time is important. Also important is listening to your body signals, learning to place & rest when needed. Not everything works for everyone. Don't be afraid to ask questions, share your experiences, or vent/cry. We are a compassionate, caring, funny even group. We all hate pain, and unfortunately must accept it in order to work around and through it to enjoy parts of life. I hope you'll find lots of support and info needed. I posted two websites earlier on another newbies post. You might find it helpful. Also look at the one below. Hugs & prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Apr 23, 2016 1:11 PM

Hi and welcome to the family! I cannot really add much because Flappy beat me too it! That being said as you can tell we try to have fun, joke, poke, play and share. Above all we are truly invested in making a difference even if it is small to reach out and offer support. This is a great group, seriously. Welcome I wish you (we) were not in pain.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community