Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New and frustrated

Apr 28, 2016 7:58 PM

I have been battling chronic pain since the early 1990's. Never giving in. I'm to the point of giving up now. I had Fibromyalgia, lupus SLE, migraines, hashimoto's disease, depression, anxiety, cfs, osteoarthritis, thyroid problems, now was told I have rheumatoid arthritis. I'm frosted beyond belief, nothing is helping with the pain anymore and it's becoming debilitating. I've had to lesson my hours at work and finally deciding to apply for disability. I feel defeated today.

Apr 29, 2016 8:57 AM

My heart goes out to you wolfwoman. I have FM and countless other conditions. I am a mom and it is terrible for my girls to see me down and bedridden many days. I am trying to keep the faith. It is a hard road. May God keep you in his mercy. I pray for a cure.

Apr 29, 2016 9:00 AM

It's very frustrating! I now havethe added pressure of being a Caretaker for my mom and get little relief from my family. She's on dialysis and getting weaker.

Apr 29, 2016 9:01 AM

I'm so sorry. Believe me I understand it can get so terrible that we want to end it. My girls and husband keep me going. Sending you gentle hugs.

Apr 29, 2016 10:31 AM

Hugs to you to. Thanks is nice to be able to share worth someone who understands

Apr 29, 2016 10:53 AM

Wolfwoman, I am so sorry to hear you have another dx added, along with trying to take care of your ailing mom. I truly understand, having the same problems you have & then pelvic floor issues plus. I don't have lupus or RA, but do have Sjogrens which is attacking my joints now. It's difficult & frustrating to try and cope with what we already have, only to learn there are more dx added. My OA & DDD started in the 90's with cervical fusions, but I was fairly healthy until 2007-2008. My health has gone downhill since, with 2 more dx added this year alone. Trying to deal with it all does added depression & anxiety to the mix. Like you I'm burdened with helping my Alzheimer's dad & stepmom, and being support for my hubby who's mom has a stroke 2 years ago. Thankfully my siblings are helping out now. It's a lot to get through.

My faith is strong, that when I feel I can't go on God will see me through it. From others on here, I'm learning to relax, stretch & do gentle exercises, enjoy life when I can & rest when I can't, & to ask for help. Each of us is different, as are our coping methods. Part of that coping is feeling the grief in loss of our old healthy lives and learning to accept our limitations. It's also important to have a good team of doctors who work walk together and with us as the patient; compassionate and caring.

Everyone on here is so supportive & non judgemental. You can laugh, cry, vent, and we're here for you. I'm sending you gentle hugs & prayers that you can find pain relief & coping methods that work best for you. 🙂💕🙏🌼

Apr 30, 2016 2:01 PM

WolfMan, please do not feel defeated. You are not a failure. There is only so much the human body can tolerate and you have reached your maximum. You sure have been dealt a huge hand of aweful things that cause pain. It gets to the point where you cannot keep the hours that you used to. I give you tremendous credit for for going to work and trying to do your very best to maintain some sense of normalcy. I wish you all the very best. I pray that you find a pain doctor that can help you and I also pray that when you apply for your disability that you have the patience and strength to wait because several people are not granted their disability benefits in the first request. 💕🙏🏻🌻😊

May 01, 2016 11:33 PM

I am another here with many Dx's (14, last count)and fear going to a new doc who may find more. I support you in coming to this group where people will recognize you for the valuable person you are, offer support and not judge you.
I can't stay online as we're hosting a 90mph windstorm that seems to be making a U-turn, power's been out over 24hrs. Everyone take good care. Gentle hugs.

May 02, 2016 5:47 PM

Wolfwoman, I am sorry that you are feeling low and defeated. Anyone would feel defeated if this was happening to them. They may not be able to handle it as well as you have. It sounds like you have been very strong. I am a man and I can not imagine working with all those ailments. You must be an amazon woman. I don't know how you do it. On top of that, I think I would have felt defeated in 1992. But it took you this long to feel defeated. I am a disgrace to my gender after hearing about you. What a woman ha ha.

You are obviously a strong person. I hope you can get the best medical care that is available to you. You deserve it as much as you are going through. Anyone who deals with chronic pain deserves relief. I hope you can get the help you need. I also hope that you can get regenerized. You know, sometimes I would go on with pain for two or three days without let up. I would pray to God, just give me a half an hour with very little pain so I could refresh myself and it happened. I am telling you this because it seems like that is all we need sometimes is a break from the pain. Or something that will reduce it like a massage. We just need to be able to refresh ourself. Isn't that the truth sometimes?

Well, I have talked to much and I probably sound ignorant. But my best wishes to you that your pain will reduce and You can get around better. I wish you luck on your efforts for getting disabilty. They always say it is better to get a lawyer when you try instead of waiting. Just a suggestion. Best wishes again. ✌️😀

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community