Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New here!

Jun 23, 2015 11:31 PM

I started this charting to take to my dr. Something has to give. I'm 41 and disabled due too CHRONIC PAIN SYNDROME, MUSCLE SPASM, CERVICAL DISC DEGENERATION WITH MYELOPATHY, LUMBAR SPONDYLOSIS, MODERATE TO SEVERE BILATERAL FORAMINAL NARROWING, MULTILEVEL CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS WITH MYLEOPATHY, ,CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME,CHRONIC MAJOR DEPRESSION, WITH ANXIETY, AND PANIC DISORDER, Spinal Fusion with rods and cage, migraines. But I know something else is going on and can't pin point it. My pain is through the roof. Back, shoulder, knees, stomach ,headaches & the list goes on. Feeling hopeless tonight

Jun 23, 2015 11:57 PM

Kentucky girl welcome to our community. It sounds like you have been having a hard time of it . This is a wonderful compassionate group of people. You can rant and rave all you want and no one will judge you for it. I stumbled on this app and I belive God led me here earlier this year. We talk about our familys, illnesses, diagnosis treatments, any and everything that can cause us stress can hurt us. Don't be afraid to ask questions you may need to ask nothing is stupid. Someone else may need the answer

Jun 24, 2015 12:43 AM

My pain is similar. I got neuropathy and Rheumatoid Arthritis. They also think it's lupus cause it's almost every symptom of lupus, but it usually takes 3 to 4 yrs to get diagosis. That's what I'm hearing from my patients who have it and from my doctors who are treating me. If you can find an internal medicine doctor it would help because they do more than a regular MD. They send you out to have tests done. I'm having my brain MRI tomorrow to rule out neuralogical issues cause I'm having stroke symptoms at 33. But lupus has the same effect from what I know. I had a positive ANA and RMP blood test which is postive for a connective tissue disorder that is auto immune. Rheumathoid arthrhitis is that and lupus. Hope it helps you in anyway. I don't know how bad your pain is, but hang in there if you can. I'll pray for you. I had a body pain flare up today out of the blue. I hate those I got stiff all over and couldn't move so I just went to sleep. It's all I can do.

Jun 24, 2015 11:46 AM

I have a lot of the same back issues and my spinal decompression with fusion is what brought on the worst thing I have ever experienced.... CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome) or aka RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) which a lot of your symptoms sound like. Check into it....

Jun 24, 2015 2:27 PM

Ty u all ! I will definitely check into it. I was tested for lupus but came back neg. I've never heard of the other things listed.

Jun 24, 2015 8:30 PM

Welcome Kentuckygirl41! You and I share many diagnoses. I'm sorry you're suffering without answers. It's very hard waiting to know the why and how to treat it. You didn't mention your meds or what you do to help the pain.

I have DDD, osteoarthritis, osteopenia, facet stenosis, and other chronic spine issues, migraines, pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic congestion syndrome, bladder & bowel incontinence, MTHFR genetic defect (affects absorption &metabolization of vitamins and meds), fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, sjogrens, depression, anxiety, & dementia. I've between waiting since February to find out what's caused the frontal lobe changes in my brain, neuropathies, imbalance & right side weaknesses, and tremors. The tremors are worsening to the point of strangers wanting to call 911 for me. It would be funny seeing their reactions, if it were a "Candid Camera" joke! There doctors suspect MS, and I'm waiting for an appt with Mayo clinics movement disorder department. I mention all this to let you know, I truly feel your pain and frustration of not knowing. But this is a wonderful community, with various suggestions. Stick with us and we'll help you through the waiting.

I have a high tolerance for pain, mostly because I have major allergies and intolerances to so many meds (pain & antibiotics). I do have Tramadol when Tylenol/Aleve don't work. I also have muscle relaxers due to my back and the muscle spasms in my legs that interfere with sleep. I use a lot of voltaren gel for my spine and joints. They gave me tizanidine for tremors, Plaquenil for the sjogrens, midrin for migraines, & five meds for the pelvic issues (including IBS). I also have antidepressant & anxiety meds. But for non medicinal treatment I use relaxation, rest, heating & ice packs, and music or reading or TV. Recently we got a dog, and above all listed, he truly keeps me from focusing on the pain most of the time. I'm sure I've left off methods to help, but others will add some I'm sure.

I hope you find everyone as helpful and supportive as I have. I wish you a good night with less pain. I will add you to my prayers! 🙏🌼

Jun 26, 2015 1:58 AM

Hello Kentuckygirl41, welcome to the community ☺️

Jun 28, 2015 8:42 PM

KentuckyGirl, welcome to our community family. You and I share many of the same diagnosis. i know the pain you are in is unbearable most of the time. I will add you to the list of folks on my prayer list. I have CRPS, DDD, DJD, Cervical Spondalytic Myelopathy, scoliosis, Moderate Lordosis, spinal spondylosis, TMJ, Depression and anxiety disorder, Grave's Disease, GURD, among other things. Stick with us and we will be here to help you through the times when you don't think you can make it on your own. I was totally isolating, lost interest in everything that made me happy and just wanted to be left alone to suffer in silence. When I found this community, I came alive. I realized that I truly am not alone (even though I knew that already) but it was a breath of fresh air to speak to people who really DO understand what it is like to go through each and every day without a break from pain. Each time you go to the doctor and get yet another diagnosis to add to the seemingly never ending list. It is really hard but here there are no judgements, just wonderful folks who will reach out to hold your hand and give you a shoulder to cry on should you need it. I hope that you find peace and comfort in knowing this. Have a peaceful night and I hope that you have less pain and sweet dreams

Jun 28, 2015 10:22 PM

kentuckgirl41 I wish they had a dang vaccine for FM.

I had a good day yesterday(4-5).. And was so hyper... Happy... My husband called me spastic... Ouch.

Welcome! You are loved... You are valued.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community