Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New here

Nov 12, 2015 12:53 PM

I get daily headaches/migraines possibly due to having no curve in my neck and restricted movement in 2 of my discs. I guess I'll know for sure once my insurance approves for me to get an MRI.

I also have arthritis in my lower back. Dr put me on 200mg of celebrex for that, but now I can't Aleve for my headaches and neck pain anymore.

It's hard to focus when they hit and I'm allergic to triptan migraine drugs. I just wish the pain wouldn't be every day.

Nov 12, 2015 1:13 PM

Karysma, welcome to our family community. I am sorry that you are having to live with such pain. I have DDD, DJD, Cervcogenic headaches, migraines, cervical spondalytic myelopathy and about a dozen other things. It's hard but it's also not a lost cause. Know that you can come here any time and let off steam, cry, ask questions, etc.. We all live it and we al understand. We also all do it from time to time. I hope that you will feel at home with us and get the support and information that makes you feel better. I send best wishes, a welcome {{{Hug}}} and prayers that you have a better day and less pain. 🌻🙏🏻

Nov 12, 2015 4:18 PM

Welcome to our community family Karysma! Can you take Excedrin Migraine or Tylenol Arthritis? I also have the DDD, osteoarthritis, cervicogenic & migraine headaches, among many other issues. I have medication allergies & sensitivities, so strong pain meds are off limits for me. I've had 2 neck surgeries on C4-7 and the discs above and below are collapsing, but the risks outweigh the benefits to do surgery. You're in my thoughts and prayers, that your insurance will approve the MRI sooner than later. 🙏🌼

Nov 12, 2015 4:40 PM

Thank you for your kind words!

Tylenol Arthritis would be ok, but excedrin migraine wouldn't because it has aspirin. Basically, as long as I'm on celebrex I can't take any other NSAID.

In the past I've tried tramadol (allergic),and Voltaren (ineffective) for pain and Topamax for migraine (TERRIBLE side effects).

I think my husband is getting frustrated because when I hurt, I just want to curl in a ball and sleep. He gets headaches, but doesn't understand the degree of pain I'm in.

Nov 12, 2015 4:55 PM

Karysma, I'm not sure exactly where in the world you are but at Walgreens(at least in the US), I have seen a generic version of Excedrin migraine that has no aspirin in it. I believe it's the Walgreens Tension Headache. It does caffeine and acetaminophen but absolutely no aspirin in it.

Nov 12, 2015 7:48 PM

Have you ever tried Midrin for migraines? It's a mixture but I can't remember what, other than a acetaminophen & caffeine. I've used it for 20 years for migraines. You can search it on drugs.com. 🙏🌼

Nov 12, 2015 9:46 PM

Actually, I have. Not too effective. I don't know if you can even call them migraines. They settle behind my left eye, but I don't get nausea or sensitivity to light. I keep telling myself they try everything with me since it's called 'practicing' medicine! 😐

Nov 13, 2015 11:47 AM

Have you researched cluster headaches? My daughter was describing here headaches, daily, and they think it's cluster headaches.

I haven't had a migraine in months, ever since I started the Plaquenil for my sjogrens. But I get daily cervicogenic headaches, from my cervical discs. I hope you are able to find out what they are and get something to ease the pain. 🙏🌼

Nov 13, 2015 12:45 PM

Welcome Karysma! Dealing with family who don't get it is tuff. My daughter and I both have fibro and my son-in-law tries but he still gets frustrated. He grumbles at both of us then stays home from work when he gets the "sniffles". (Honestly, he missed work last week and told me "I can't go in, I have the sniffles. ".) My daughter and I just roll our eyes. I was told once by a very wise man that the worst thing that has happened to you is the worst you know, so for him the sniffles is a game ender. He can't understand living daily with pain, fatigue etc. because he has never experienced it himself. That helps me be patient with him.

Nov 14, 2015 2:17 AM

Welcome..you came to the right place!

I have neck straightening, herniated discs, ddd, arthritis, fibromyalgia and a long list of stuff. I have constant headaches and ear ringing. While it can be migraine like, mine is not a migraine. I went through tons of migraine meds that didn't work before they finally realized that. Tension headaches can mimic migraines too. My headache feels like it starts at the soft spot on the back of my head and goes up and around my head. I think it is related to my spine issues but no dr has answered that one yet.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community