Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

new here

Dec 05, 2015 2:22 AM

I just wanted to say hi. I'm new to this community. Diagnosed last year with fibromyalgia, degenerative disk disease, three herniated/ruptured lumbar disks, arthritis, spondylitic something or other, and various additional things that I either had already or have developed with everything. My disability just got canceled leaving me in the lurch but I'm speaking it. My pain doctor refused to fill out my abilities forms claiming that wasn't his job, but I didn't know about it until my denial letter. My primary care physicians assistant however has picked up the ball and filled then or and my shrink (major depressive disorder, panic attacks, social phobia, agoraphobic etc) also filled out the psych part. Sorry for writing so long, but I'm scared and still having trouble accepting that this is my lot? It hurts, I can't ever get away from the hurt and even with my family and bf's support I don't know how long I can do this. Dies it ever stop hurting? My mom has fibro and she stays medicated, so I have a choice, medicate into a coma or be in constant pain. I know there are far worse situations I'm just.... I guess I'm in a poor me mood. I'm sorry, not a great first impression. It's been a particularly bad day. I hope that you are all having a pain free evening and doing as well as possible.

Dec 05, 2015 2:35 AM

Phoenix, welcome to the community 😊😊😊
I still am fairly new on here too and get worried that people get tired of my long post or poor me days but I'm learning that this is the one place where I can just vent about my various pains or emotions through the day without judgement. Everyone on this app is going through some form of emotional, physical and mental pain so never feel bad about making a post I've always been able to find someone to listen 💜💙
I still have a very hard time accepting the limitations that I have now. Especially since half the time I don't even seem to understand what is happening with me. I do hope that you get as much use and comfort from this app as I do
Sending positive thought s🐘🌞

Dec 05, 2015 2:41 AM

Thank you so much for responding, Birdie. I always worried that I'm bargjng in, and that ppl are just going to look at me and turn away. Old fears from childhood lol. I'm having a rough night, my Trazedone has given up the ghost because my brain wouldn't let it work. So I'm weepy and hurting and just angry. I hope that I can help as well as receive comfort. I hope that you are doing well. *gentle hugs*

Dec 05, 2015 4:33 AM

Phoenix, welcome! I am new as well and have found nothing but understanding, support, and information here. Even though everyone is going through their own pain someone has the time and caring heart to respond.

I am learning a lot about other disorders, diseases or whatever name the doctors, etc. have given them.

I always knew there were many others going through the same or worse but never imagined how much it would help me to a part of a community like this. All of the people I have met so far are so caring! I haven't seen anyone judging others anything which is part of what makes it so great. Vent, cry, share your day whether negative or positive. We all care and are here for each other. Welcome! Hope you have a better day tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Dec 05, 2015 9:03 AM

Phoenix, welcome to our community family. I am glad that you found us!! As you can see by some of our recent "newbies", they are settling in and learning that this is a safe and non judgemental forum where you can express whatever you are feeling, positive or negative. You are not alone, nor will you ever be. There is always someone here to help when you ask. It doesn't matter what time of day or night. We are here for one another, hug each other, laugh and cry with one another, pray for each other and care about each and every member of this wonderful and zany family. I can't imagine how frightened and angry you must feel with the current situation of losing your disability. You CAN get it back retroactive to when it was cancelled with the other doctor filling out your papers and turning them in for you. Things will all turn out ok in the end, keep your chin up. I know it's inconvenient and scary but all in all, the encouraging thing is that the other doctor will help you and so will the folks at disability when they get the information. So, welcome to our family, I am sorry that you suffer with the pain that you do, I also have Fibro, degenerative joint and disc disease, have had 29 surgeries in 22 years and usually carry a level 8 pain scale. This group of wonderful people welcomed me here over a year ago and I couldn't be more thrilled. It really is a Godsend to have such a great support system and know that you are never alone. I hope that you find the support, guidance and caring that you need here. Sending you {{Hugs}} and prayers for a peaceful and less painful weekend. 🌻🙏🏻

Dec 05, 2015 9:23 AM

Welcome Phoenix happy to have you joining us hear. Our little family of chronic pain. There are a lot of wonderful people here. You can rant and rave all you want. Everyone here has at one time or another. I am sorry that your disability got denied,like Alwayz said your Dr will get everything straightened out and you will get it back. Will keep you in my prayers sending you hugs.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community